JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't know about Wildcat. Memaloose is still accessed from Hillock burn as far as I know. I would have to guess you're going to see snow this weekend with the freezing level. The Memeloose pit is at 3200'. :eek:

Wildcat is at 3100'.

Was up there the weekend before last, lots of snow, lots of idiots that drove up unprepared. On top of it we had people trying to shoot right on top of us, I would suggest waiting till you can get further up away from other shooters.

lots of idiots that drove up unprepared

Years ago and about this time of year two buddies and I almost spent the night up there thanks to a couple guys in a stock 2WD Tundra, stuck in a foot of snow and blocking the road down from the second Memaloose pit to the first. The five of us spent a few hours trying to get him unstuck, hiked down to cell service, waited for the guy's buddy to show up in a lifted Cherokee with a single length of frayed 1" rope, getting my FJ80 stuck in a snow bank (after dude hit the brakes while being pulled backward), getting a ride into Estacada to call @RedneckRampage, and waiting for him to winch us out. We loaded up to head home around 3pm and literally didn't get home until well after midnight. Luckily I had everything in my cruiser to spend the night. I ordered a hi-lift and a winch bumper the next day.

Moral of the story is even if you're capable/prepared, idiots can mess you up :D

I live down the road from Memaloose and Wildcat. Take what you bring, and clean up any left overs from people who don't.
New to the aera. Closure map hand out at ranger station is basically unreadable unless your a local. Can u please explain directions? So appreciate it, & I pack my junk out. Thanks, Rod

Wildcat should still be open, however all areas East of Estacada, along Hwy 224, are closed to target shooting. Also, the NF45 Rd, via Hillock Burn Rd, is also closed.

So, there's not much shooting opportunities on this side of Mt. Hood Nat Forest.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top