JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I got my fall turkey tags this year and have been searching for good places to hunt (haven't found my spot yet). On my way to work today, as if to rub my face in it, I see, in the middle of my road, literally 2 houses down, a jake just hanging out. He let my car pass within 3 yards of him. Don't know why I didn't take a picture, and I didn't have time to go back inside to grab my calls (just for kicks). Unfortunately, "bare hands" does not appear in the regs as an acceptable weapon for harvesting turkey (Why not? What's more sporting than bare hands?) or else I would have Thanksgiving covered.

Thing is, I didn't think turkeys' range included Inner SE PDX (or any part of Portland proper). Anyone else seen any in these parts?

Wow. Think it was wild or just escaped from someones pen? Either way you can't shoot it. I'm thinking they know the regs and figure it's safer close in.

Only turkey I see round here. 31CQAD6rA3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

31CQAD6rA3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hard to say. It looked like a silver Rio Grande with just a hint of a beard.

I get lots of sightings of that kind of turkey! They're usually gone before I can get a picture, though :cool:. Plus, even within the city limits you can take a shot.

Edit: Apparrently the turkey was indeed an escapee from someone's pen. Still cool, but less so.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads