JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have had great service at 99 Pawn & Guns. They call as soon as your firearm show up
www.99pawnandguns.com/

Maybe things have changed, but I used to use them. Had the same issues where they insisted they did not have a gun of mine while the post office insisted it had long been delivered. And just that fast, when they really look, they found it.:rolleyes: Also, maybe not a big deal to most folks, but I always keep the shipping sleeves that the gun boxes are packed in. I asked the pawn shop to save them for me, but they never would.

WAYNO.

If you want to be sure that you FFL takes care of you on transfers you have to also make sure you do your part. Make sure the sender includes who the gun is for, their name and number, the transferees name and number. Also the amount of cardboard that comes into a gun shop is amazing and the first thing they do is break it down and get rid of it. If you want them to save the box etc, you have to be very clear who it is coming from how it was shipped and when it will arrive. The reason, most shops get a tone of stuff all of the time, you open it, pull out the contents, put all of the paperwork with the items then throw away the packing stuff as quickly as you can. So it may just be that the process does not lend itself to saving every label and remembering who wants it (that is very rare) and who does not. Plus 20.00 is dirt cheap for the time involved in the entire process of receiving and transferring an item. I understand the frustration when you are not notified right away, but remember a small business has tons of things to do and keep track of and sometimes/most of the time your item is not the only item coming that day and if it is a big receiving day it might take an extra day or two to get to everything and still take care of customers coming in the store. Please support your local and small gun store, try to work with them and be patient, because remember if you don't the only places that will stay in business will be the big box stores, and trust me you do not want to deal with a transfer with them, if they would even do it. Ok enough of a rant. BTW full disclosure, I shop at and Love Wild Bill's Guns, yes they are a bit dysfunctional at times, but hey all small businesses especially gun people are to some degree. I found when working with them or any other small business, if you want them to stick around, have some patience and work with them, not against them, make positive suggestions and be proactive and communicative and I am sure you will find things work out pretty good in the end.

I will not reply line by line, but...Them having a gun a week after it's delivered to them makes me impatient? Up front, I ask my FFL receivers to leave the gun in the packaging it came in. They agree to the request, but still throw the box away? I don't see how that's my fault. All they have to do is say they refuse to save my packaging. Then I'll just find someone else who will. Yep, I know matching a gun to the person that bought the gun is not always easy, but if I #1, go to the shop to give them a heads up about a gun they should be receiving, and #2, I send them multiple e-mails asking them to watch for a gun, and #3, I phone them asking them to watch for a gun, then I don't think I've not done my responsibility.

I never said I don't prefer to support my local gun store. That's why I've been using Wild Bills. And I don't work against them.

WAYNO.

In these modern times of voicemail and email, not to mention texting, it only takes a minute to leave a message or two. With texts and email, you even have a record that your customer was notified, or at least that you attempted to notify them (neither one is guaranteed to go through and sometimes doesn't) - if you are halfway savvy, you can do both at the same time - most cell providers have a way to email or send a text to a cell # via email.

Plus, you can enter the receipt of a package into a spreadsheet, or even just a text file, and then you don't have to go looking for something. If you are halfway on the ball, you can scan the packaging into the computer.

If you are a complete luddite, you can just have a clipboard with a piece of paper with the names and items on it that you write the item down on.

When you run a business, you need to be organized, and your customers expect that and a little bit of service too. They should not need to do this for you or force you to do it.

If your prices are not enough to give good service, then you need to raise your prices or expect to lose business to those who can do a better job.

It's called "competition" and those who are better at it win, no matter how nice you are.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top