JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Her current tablet has the micro SD. And, of course we have the adaptor so we can see, I presume(?), what's on it on my PC.
Yes but, it will also have built in memory. Whats on the card is easy to move and save. whats on the memory built in will be a problem if it can't be fired up. As for the new one yes the Type C is going to be a lot better.

I'm of the opinion that the manufactures of cell phones, tablets, etc. ought to
get together and make a universal charging system that fits all devices. But. . . . .
it ain't a gonna happen.
Every time I buy one now that is the make or break right there. If it has some proprietary charger I don't buy. Remember when cell phones first hit and every damn manufacturer had there own damn charger? I used to work for a hotel. We had a huge garbage bag of unclaimed cell phone chargers left behind. When some guest would ask about where to buy one as they forgot theirs we would get that bag out. Tell them see if you can find what you need in here, if you can take it. Saved the day many a time for them. Later they all followed the one Motorolla came out with except of course Apple. They have always had to be different for some reason.
The rest slowly went to the mini, then the type C. Wish they would find one they could stay with. I have a couple things around here still use the old original Motorolla, then some stuff that uses the next gen mini, and of course the phone and laptop now use the type C. STOP changing the damn things! 🤬

Last Edited:
I have a bubblegumton of electronics with USB ports and only my Kindle has a bad port. To be fair, it got dropped while on a charger and the cord was pulled so hard it bent the connector on the cable. I can still charge it just fine if I wiggle the cable until I get a good connection and then leave it until it's done charging.

Yes but, it will also have built in memory. Whats on the card is easy to move and save. whats on the memory built in will be a problem if it can't be fired up. As for the new one yes the Type C is going to be a lot better.
We still have 28% power.
sure nothing stuck in the charging port?
Oh, that's for sure! When I handed it to the guy at CPR he said it was broke without even looking close

I've done it twice on the tab, replaced the batteries too.
@Mikej, I still have mine, and your wifey is welcome to have it.
Appreciate that Jim. I'm heading up to Best Buy in a bit to get the new one. I would have picked it up yesterday but wanted to see how much of her space (16G) was used. Turns out she was pretty close. I'm forkin' out the extra $50.00 for the 64g. Gosh, Repair of 6 YO tablet = $100.00/ New tablet, more modern, more durable charging port, 64G vs 16G? $200.00? The math is obvious!

Every time I buy one now that is the make or break right there. If it has some proprietary charger I don't buy. Remember when cell phones first hit and every damn manufacturer had there own damn charger? I used to work for a hotel. We had a huge garbage bag of unclaimed cell phone chargers left behind. When some guest would ask about where to buy one as they forgot theirs we would get that bag out. Tell them see if you can find what you need in here, if you can take it. Saved the day many a time for them. Later they all followed the one Motorolla came out with except of course Apple. They have always had to be different for some reason.
The rest slowly went to the mini, then the type C. Wish they would find one they could stay with. I have a couple things around here still use the old original Motorolla, then some stuff that uses the next gen mini, and of course the phone and laptop now use the type C. STOP changing the damn things! 🤬
I started looking yesterday and for 4 devices I've got 3 different cables. Micro USB for the Kindle and PS controller, Apples "Lightening" cable for the phone, and Type C for the Ipad. Apples getting sued in the EU over their proprietary cable so it looks like they're going to go Type C on all of their stuff, hopefully next year.

sorry if I missed it somewhere upthread, but did you take a stick pin and try to clean out the port itself? Lint and other debris can actually make your cable not fit properly

sorry if I missed it somewhere upthread, but did you take a stick pin and try to clean out the port itself? Lint and other debris can actually make your cable not fit properly
Oh yeah. Gently! The guy at the repair place took a look and saw the problem right away.

In that case she should either move everything on the built in to the SD or to a flash drive while she still can.
Got the new tablet. Charging. It has an app that will sit there and transfer anything needed via wireless! Ain't this bubblegum GREAT!! :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top