JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for a decent but, not to spendy taurus 92fs for my wife. I may have some items for trade if anyone is intersted. or if anyone can tell me where to find them. I have looked at guns america and it is pricy.

thanks
Adub

Is it gonna be a "range" or "home defense" gun? I used to own a 92F and I did conceal carry it but in my opinion it's too much gun for the caliber. I personally like the Glocks because of the weight and capacity. LEO discounts apply to Glocks if you know someone who might be able to help you out.... cop, security, EMT etc.....

^ I agree with the too much gun for the caliber, plus i think you should let her go hold a M&P 4.25" 9mm, it has the 3 pal swell sizes and the small is a great fit for ladies hands, my wife loves hers, and a few mods, or just smothing out gets the trigger very nice! mags are cheap and its a great shooter, after I shot it i got a second one, then sold my xd 45 and got a m&P45... or look into a styer m9a1 (i love mine) 399 a lot of places or the caracal 9mm (the guy who did glocks went to styer made the m series then started caracal if im correct, its a glock that isnt behind the times, a real tack driver)
sorry to get off topic, but its a great gun for the price!
centerfire has caracals for 399 and they hold 18 mags in a tiny grip!

Your wife wants a PT92 for Concealed Carry? That is a big gun for concealment. Not saying it can't be done, but make sure she knows what she is getting into before buying it for her.

Has she been involved in this process? Choosing a gun is very personal because some guns fit and some don't. I would suggest taking her to a gun show or store and let her handle what she wants to look at, then let her decide what she wants. Be informant, but try not to persuade her one way or the other, let her make the decision.

With that said, if she has decided on a PT92, then go buy it for her and make her happy! Stay safe out there!

Still way too much gun for most people to conceal carry. It's huge for a 9mm. I had a Beretta 92A1, essentially the same gun as a 92FS, and sold it because it was too big for my rather small hands. If you're stuck on Beretta, a 84FS is a smaller gun in .380 that can be carried, but even it's no small gun. I have a Kahr CM9 that's easily concealed, but I have to work at it. And it's about as small as I'd go in a 9mm. Finally, either Beretta I referenced will set you back at least $600 new. There are a lot of great, small, easily concealable guns out there for less than that. My Kahr is totally reliable, feeds anything, and is combat accurate at 50 feet. Shop around before you make a decision. Berettas also aren't that easy to sell since they're not something people universally love.

I agree with Synap that a smaller weapon would be welk worth looking into. I have been carrying a Glock 23 for a long time and have a new Smith & Wesson M&P Shield on order as even the compact Glock can be a challenge in some circumstances..
I would suggest going to a local gun range with rentals to let her handle some and try to conceal them or see if they would let you try some of the holsters.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads