JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
well i got chewed out and have been in the dog house since i sold her 10/22 a couple of years ago... So I'm in the middle of building a romy AK47 for her... just got the receivers for both her's and my build but I've spent the last week and a half working on jus the furniture...
026.jpg
and yes that is the stock romy furniture... with alot of work into them, i cut the forearm handle off and sanded it down and then found some 1/4" thick plywood to make the bulge on the sides and now I'm in the process of putting on about 10 coats of polyurethane. with red dye mixed in... couple more coats and I'm done with it.

024.jpg

027.jpg

032.jpg

gonna finsh of all the metal pieces in a matt black duracoat finish... and I'm gonna cut down the stock and install a nice recoil pad for her... just cause...:s0155::s0155::s0155:

Real nice looking - it's always amazing to me how well these "junky" AK stocks turn out when they get cleaned-up and refinished.

ETA: I didn't notice at first that you added palm swells with plywood. That's just extra cool.

Just be thankful your wife likes guns. Seems like everytime I want a new gun I have to let her get a new animal. I now have a petting zoo at my house but at least I am starting to get a nice collection.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top