JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My Wife’s birthday is coming up and I want to surprise her with a weekend trip to somewhere. My questions is to where? The catch is we can only leave on Friday night and will have to be back Sunday night (we run our own business and have to be back)
I would like to stay local where we can drive there in at least 4-5hrs so I can carry WA/OR but if any of you have any cool or great ideas I will fly. Please let me know

Las Vegas (she has been and I have not)
Hawaii (neither have been but not sure if that’s what she wants to go. Has made mention of not understanding the hype)
L.A. (she has never said no but I never asked)
S.F. (we went there and didn’t like it)
Seattle (we go there often to see family and business)
Leavenworth, WA (I heard was nice??)

Vancouver Island by way of the San Juan Islands. Take the ferry from Anacortes WA outside of Seattle with stops at Lopez Island, Shaw Island, Orcas Island, Friday Harbor then to Sidney B.C.

Vancouver Island by way of the San Juan Islands. Take the ferry from Anacortes WA outside of Seattle with stops at Lopez Island, Shaw Island, Orcas Island, Friday Harbor then to Sidney B.C.

I've always been curious of this area, but haven't looked into it much. What would it cost a couple for a weekend trip such as this? Probably excluding B.C. since Jenny doesn't have a passport.

The only problem with that is time we cant leave here untill 5:30ish and we are in Vancouver and we wouldnt get there till after 9:30 or 10ish i dont think ferrys run that late. We are thinkin about going that way on a 3day weekend.

My Wife’s birthday is coming up and I want to surprise her with a weekend trip to somewhere. My questions is to where? The catch is we can only leave on Friday night and will have to be back Sunday night (we run our own business and have to be back)
I would like to stay local where we can drive there in at least 4-5hrs so I can carry WA/OR but if any of you have any cool or great ideas I will fly. Please let me know

Las Vegas (she has been and I have not)
Hawaii (neither have been but not sure if that’s what she wants to go. Has made mention of not understanding the hype)
L.A. (she has never said no but I never asked)
S.F. (we went there and didn’t like it)
Seattle (we go there often to see family and business)
Leavenworth, WA (I heard was nice??)

Vegas is a solid choice but it is what it is. Tourist, booze, and good times. Not much in the way of a new experience.
Hawaii-2 days is too short
LA-Grew up in this city and never want to go back
SF-it's a beatiful city from afar...
Seattle-sounds like you been there often enough but a neat city with alot of things to discover
Leavenworth?

I just came back from Jackson hole national park. It's a nice park and there's plenty of hotels near it. Great for the outdoor experience. However, women always state that they like camping but this usually means they don't.

I've always been curious of this area, but haven't looked into it much. What would it cost a couple for a weekend trip such as this? Probably excluding B.C. since Jenny doesn't have a passport.

I've done this trip at least 10 times in the last 20 years, the price is all in what you want to do and where you want to stay. There are plenty of camp grounds on the Islands if you want to do that. It's been few years but it used to be that once you leave Anacortes you don't pay any other costs to roam from island to island at will. A lot of people bring mountain bikes and travel around the islands once they have established a camp. August is the best time of the year to go.

<broken link removed>

Yamhill County wine country - very nice B&B's, good food, and if you are so inclined, some very good wines. Relaxing, a relatively short drive, pretty country. Do a little reading, play some backgammon. Low key...

Go visit urban Washington County, 2 days will pass by in air conditioned comfort as you sit in traffic jams and road construction, and don't worry about food, every block has 20 fast food joints, and three 7/11's. For fun you can turn off the main drag and get lost for years in the maze of endless housing developments.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top