JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I couldn't imagine that. Guns follow my wife home more then me. Sure when money is tight I might get a not right now but never ever a no. She even shops gunbroker for deals. Her last real score was a brand new in box 229 elite stainless 9mm for $800 in hand just before Biden . It was a penny auction and the seller oddly enough was Hurricane Butterfly out of Washington. That said you and your wife are on the same page or you are not. I feel for you guys that are not.
David

F4A14E1D-39CF-4D5F-A455-1519B84D7679.jpeg

My guess, and my belief being that women tend to be more financially responsible then men, is that homie didn't have the money he thought he had, and more pertinent things were in line before a gun purchase. If that's the case then he has a better women then one that lets the ship sink. My 3 cents (inflation)

My second wife would let me buy a gun anytime I wanted. It's a trap. If she doesn't say no how can I?
So that $800 gun would on average cost me about $20,000.
And for those in Washington even considering divorce.....
Remember Washington is a 50/50 state. She gets 90% and you get the payments on the 10%. Maybe easier if she has a job and there are no kids involved. Probably not much though.
Split also depends on the length of the marriage, short, medium or long term, and that can make a huge difference.

My guess, and my belief being that women tend to be more financially responsible then men, is that homie didn't have the money he thought he had, and more pertinent things were in line before a gun purchase. If that's the case then he has a better women then one that lets the ship sink. My 3 cents (inflation)
Much more responsible. You never know when you're going to need 100 pair of overpriced shoes.

Let me see. In 1974 she bought m a S&W Model 67. In 78 my birthday gift was a Model 94. Christmas of 93 I was given a Garand. She has never been adverse to guns or me buying them and loves that I enjoy my hobbies so much. I have a full safe, a shop dedicated to reloading and often clean guns while watching TV with her. Oh - and she thinks the smell of Hoppe's is the best thing ever.
She is a keeper ..... Oh it looks like you already have . Good for the both of you . Blessings . :)

This is pretty easy; we are partners so we both get to spend the disposable income roughly equally. I am the primary financier, and keep tabs on the overall household disposition. If we are running low on funds I put the kibosh on discretionary spending for both of us.

I am also head of household, so if there are issues that cannot be negotiated through I get final say on disposition, but with that authority comes the caveat that I do not get to act in my own interests but must put hers first (note that this can be different than what she wants). In this example that means if there is only a small amount of discretionary spending she gets first pass at it and I get whatever is left.

Of course this means that when there is a large amount of discretionary spending I can buy whatever I want and she the same. I just keep a running dialog with here about it and make sure we are not depleting the rainy day funds. The system works really well.

Pretty simple in my situation as well.

My wife's income is non existent to us. Her Registered Nurse salary gets direct-deposited into our savings account. We don't even consider looking at it, unless there's an emergency.

My income, after the 20% we invest, goes to the mortgage / bills / grocery / fun.

I am the sole responsible person for the finances. I pay all bills do all budgeting and control all money coming in and going out.

When my wife needs or wants something other then the basics that I budget for, she tells me a few weeks b4 hand and I set money aside for it on my weekly checks. If it's URGENT I will take from savings and replace.

Since my wife does that out of respect for my financial planning, in return I also tell her when I spend money. However it's never an ask.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top