JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If Seattle would have another "gun buyback" day, we could all get whatever firearms we need for a $100 a pop! My wifey was tickled to get a couple of $100 gift cards for a couple of zombie looking smoke sticks that I welded up from some junk parts that were laying around the shop! That was a win-win day!

After giving this some thought....

First....
It ain't really none of my business......So what ? Comes to mind.

Second...
If ( such a little word which can be big with consequences )
If...
Someone's spending / buying habits puts things like house payments / rent , food on the table or the like at risk...
Then yes it may be time to say no to spending...or re-thinking one's relationship with the other person.

Third...
If ( Oh that word :D )
The spending or buying ain't causing a hardship...then it may be time for a conversation with the other half.
Andy

Let me see. In 1974 she bought m a S&W Model 67. In 78 my birthday gift was a Model 94. Christmas of 93 I was given a Garand. She has never been adverse to guns or me buying them and loves that I enjoy my hobbies so much. I have a full safe, a shop dedicated to reloading and often clean guns while watching TV with her. Oh - and she thinks the smell of Hoppe's is the best thing ever.

i do not experience said problem. we have a budget and savings. cover that first. then we each have an equal allowance to which that and whatever work bonus or overtime we get is ours to spend however we want.

i do not experience said problem. we have a budget and savings. cover that first. then we each have an equal allowance to which that and whatever work bonus or overtime we get is ours to spend however we want.
We do the same. I really don't know why more people don't do this.

The only ones that don't get allowance are the kids. We just put money in their savings accounts to use for when they wanted something. When they got older, we gave them access to those accounts and they got jobs during college.

Last Edited:
We do the same. I really don't know why more people don't do this.

The only ones that don't get allowance are the kids. We just put money in their savings accounts to use for when they wanted something. When they got older, we have them access to those accounts and they got jobs during college.
Yeah, my parents never gave me an allowance (Dad was a Great Depression kid).

Only got money on my Birthday and maybe Christmas. Really teaches you to Save. :)

Bought Another Gun.jpg

Solved that problem. 😉
For a while I only had one lower, so I just kept buying uppers in different calibers.:)
When asked about them, I told my wife I was going to buy her a golf bag and take
her hunting.:rolleyes:
I would carry the lower and she could hand me any upper I needed. :s0093:

...she know that you are financially irresponsible and spending hard earned money on guns and not saving your money
Let me see...which of my "savings" stashes has performed best over the past couple years?
--The cash stashed under my mattress: losing value daily.
--The PMs I bought: kind of a wash except I have to discount them if I sell to a dealer.
--Stainless steel revolvers: BINGO!

But I have tangible valuables I can always liquidate…
Yup.

Pretend you have to check with "the boss" when negotiating a deal.
Guys do this to me. Cars, boats, guns, anything. When they mention their wife, I know they're not coming back. Jeez, just come out and tell me you don't want to do the deal. I'll understand.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top