JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe wait until CZ fixes Colts' quality controls.
I almost bought a new one a few years ago and was pretty dang impressed with it, in hand at the counter anyway.

I am thinking the 1911s are pretty well squared away as opposed to say the new Python.

NOW way back I bought 1970s era, Series 70 .45 GCNM and it was a jamming, FTF POS!

I wish I still had it though. It was only my 2nd 1911 and I have gained a lot of knowledge about them since then!

Last Edited:
[QUOTE Maybe wait until CZ fixes Colts' quality controls.
I almost bought a new one a new one a few years ago and was pretty dang impressed with it, in hand at the counter anyway.

I am thinking the 1911s are pretty well squared away as opposed to say the new Python.

NOW way back I bought 1970s era, Series 70 .45 GCNM and it was a jamming, FTF POS!

I wish I still had it though. It was only my 2nd 1911 and I have gained a lot of knowledge about them since then!
[/QUOTE]
My understanding of Colts problems is what others have stated; personally, I saw Colts and HKs the same way - OVERPRICED! I have a hand-me-down battle Colt that is actually broken but has both sentimental and dollar value.

re: "1970s era, Series 70 .45 GCNM and it was a jamming, FTF POS!"

Odd.....I had one for nearly 40 years, never any issues after I abandoned the experiments with 185 SWC etc madness. It was sensitive to slide timing, and didn't like bucket mouthed hollow points either. It had 10s of 000s of rounds, all very accurate once I practiced a bunch. Gifted it to my (former Marine) son. We had a 45acp fest a month back, burning thru a large pile of acp. Something did finally break on the Gold Cup, discovered at home when he was cleaning the beastie. The little inside-slide knob that keeps slide lock pin from falling out. It was still functional at least. I'd take another in a heartbeat.

Its a bit tight, slide doesn't lock to the rear on the last round. It's not the magazines. Thinking its the super-stiff detent spring.
Forgive my lack of gun terminology, this detent spring, is it the piece that sticks up and is pushed down when the slide works itself? For my DWs, it locks no problem but I cannot shoot reloads yet, even after some 600 rounds, as it does not go into full battery or the gun "seizes."

Forgive my lack of gun terminology, this detent spring, is it the piece that sticks up and is pushed down when the slide works itself? For my DWs, it locks no problem but I cannot shoot reloads yet, even after some 600 rounds, as it does not go into full battery or the gun "seizes."

There is a tube that runs between the slide stop and safety. There are detents with a spring compressed between them. The safety is stiff and I think the slide stop isn't able to travel into the recess in the slide because there is too much pressure.

There is a tube that runs between the slide stop and safety. There are detents with a spring compressed between them. The safety is stiff and I think the slide stop isn't able to travel into the recess in the slide because there is too much pressure.

The spring detents might have been installed backwards, as I believe one detent is different for a reason.

1614749652086.png

I don't blame her. I don't like small guns either. Women should have full size guns that are enjoyable to shoot and seriously intimidating in case they ever have to point it at someone. High intimidation factor enhances the odds of ending attack without having to shoot bad guy. Only very big guys should have dinky little popguns. Guys big enough so that if they ever hafta point the popgun at a bad guy, after bad guy laughs at gun and tries to take it away and shove it up their hooha, they can win the hand-to-hand battle and save hooha.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top