Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Widmer Bros. W'11 KGB Russian Imperial Stout

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mac_Fan, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Mac_Fan

Mac_Fan Beaverton Active Member

Who's tried it? I'm drinking some now and it is a great beer. I always look forward to these limited runs they bring out each year. My all time favorite beer of theirs was their W'07.

I love living in beer country!

2. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

With that endorsement, I'll go look for some today!

3. Solo

Solo Portland, OR Member

I've yet to find a full bore stout that compares to Rogues Imperial Stout, but I'm always willing to try. I'll look for that, thanks.
    uh-oh... beer thread in 3, 2, 1...

4. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Working number 5 out of the 6:paranoid: It reminds me of Guinness and does go down pretty good. I can not remember what one I loved but it might have been the 07 just not sure:laugh: Oh and for all you beer guys you have to get a .50 cal bottle opener it works great:thumbup:

5. jim97701

jim97701 Bend Well-Known Member

I bought a sixer tonight, First time Id seen it around here (Even though Id been looking, Really liked last years w10) sasty thit, Got me all fhit saced and Im only on #4:drink: With that 9.3% its a heavy hitter:thumbup:

6. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

I'll have to give some a try - with it being KGB Russian Imperial stout I'm thinking I'll have to go shoot the Mosin, SKS and AK to get into the comrade mood. I'm just finishing up a nice New Belgium 2 Below ale - its a nice ale - almost like they mixed their Fat Tire with an IPA - nice full flavor but a bit more hoppy.

7. Mac_Fan

2 Below Ale, I'll have to give that a try next. Their Fat Tire is a great brew.

8. spectra

Do not believe what you read this beer sucks!:laugh: I hit 6 stores today and could not find one 6 pack:paranoid: WTF is going on here. I might have to go directly to Widmere and see whats going on.

Also on a side note whats going on with Rogue Brewing? I noticed there beer prices have went up about 40 percent:huh: Dead guy used to be 8 bucks a 6 pack and is at 11 now:paranoid: Might have to give up hording ammo and turn to beer:thumbup:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  9. VW_Factor

VW_Factor Woodburn Oregon Active Member

The new Widmer KGB is pretty win. I also give it a :up:

10. shooter

shooter Ridgefield Member

I like the KGB. I'm lucky enough to have a friend who is an engineer for Widmer and he gave me a few sixers to sample for Christmas...before it hit the shelves. Fortunately, it's always available where I shop for my brew. His garage! I also like their Deadlift brew. It's hoppy like you would expect from an imperial, but not as heavy. It also packs a punch at 8.6%.

11. Mac_Fan

I'm in agreement with the Deadlift. I just wish it wasn't sold in four packs.

As far as prices going up, I remember a couple years ago there was some infestation with many of he hops growers and word was that it was going to trickle into the market in the form of higher prices as the the supply was being hit pretty hard.

12. atypicalparkie

atypicalparkie sowfeast poetland, ohraygun Member

D'OH! dang it I can't drink any good beer anymore, age brought on a problem with wheat/gluten stuff. There's a gluten free beer I tried, and it tasted like sour pickles and soap! And I used to live literally a 10min walk from Guinness HQ in Dublin *sniff* 'tis a terrible sadness upon me :laugh: . Probably for the best as I woke up one morning at the gate there in the pouring rain with a forklift driver kindly shaking me & saying "ah son, ah son, on yer way now..." So y'all drink one of your choice for me! I'll have to grab a sixer of those for my visiting bro-in-law:drink:

13. jib

jib Central OR Active Member

I'll put that on my things to do list :)
    I have tried the Lagunitas Imperial Stout :thumbup: at 9.6-10.14% some find it a little too boozssshe but after a pint I don't notice it :D

14. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

I bought a 64oz'er of it - I LOVE it!

Where are you finding bottles of it? My usual Albertsons, New Seasons or Fred Meyers is coming up empty...

15. spectra

I think there might be a few issues right now with supply. I hit 4 stores I knew had it but they were out. Also hit a few more just to find they were empty also. I am going to start hoarding it if I do find it:laugh: Might have to see if I can just pick up a keg.

16. timbernet

Hoarding beer is okay... I did that with Deschutes Abyss :paranoid: (EXPENSIVE HOARDING!)

17. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Deschutes Abyss is simply fantastic - well worth hoarding. I like most everything they make. One year, I managed to get a growler of Jubelale casked in pinot barrels - amazing.

18. timbernet

Found 6 and 12 packs at the Clackamas Albertsons.... Mmmmmm

19. jayleno

jayleno Western PDX Member

A Guinness guy to the core, I've gotta say that the KGB Stout is pretty darn good.

My $0.03 - inflation, don't you know