JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
This event was a major success, please go here for afterthoughts and pictures --> http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=745

Sept 27 at memaloose... PLZ respond to this thread if you plan on attending and getting some good instruction from a pro!

BE HERE AT NOON!

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8...192563,-122.210798&spn=0.038167,0.074844&z=14

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123

Below are some quotes from another thread if you haven't seen the discussion.

I'm open to teaching folks if anyone is interested.

Been teaching basic, advanced, hi-speed/low drag stuff for the past 15 years..........which includes SWAT type stuff, use of force issues etc.

Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun..............get a group together, and let me know.
...........bring your own targets, 2-300 rds of each pistol & rifle.
EDIT: this is taking the place of the group shoot!

I'm in for sure. May only be shooting the pistol portion though, depending on whether or not I get a lower by then and whether or not I can afford ammo. 200-300 rounds per gun per person is pretty expensive :)

I'll edit this post as we find out who's going. So far here is the list:

1. sweetbeard
2. Joey Link
3. JennyC
4. fromotoc
5. Ballistic
6. s_ribs
7. smonkbmw
8. emanon
9. Madison
10. spengo
11. Paul (s_ribs brother)

Also give me a start time, and what some of your expectations are of the class.

Wichaka I am not even knowledgeable enough on the subject to know what I don't know..... and I am sure alot of us are in the same boat?

Can you give us a quick idea of some things you could teach us?

THX again 4 the opertunity

For rifles;
Basic armorer info.}
Maint. } For AR's
Operation }

Combat shooting basics;
Stance, Grip, Shoulder, sight alignment, sight picture, Sight off-set (CQB)
Trigger control, Breathing, Follow thru, low ready and sling positions.

Shooting basics;

sight in, basic drills, positional shooting, and some fun stuff.

Pistol, pretty much the same stuff;

basics of grip, stance, sight picture and trigger squeeze, and will go into the mechanics of the draw, reloads, malfunction clearing, and follow thru.

Im in, if someone wouldn't mind carpooling (I have no car). I'll give ya $20 for gas. I live downtown, can maybe meet somewhere along the max line (although I don't know if rifle/pistol cases on the max would be a good idea). Do we have to bring 2-300 rounds?

Im in, if someone wouldn't mind carpooling (I have no car). I'll give ya $20 for gas. I live downtown, can maybe meet somewhere along the max line (although I don't know if rifle/pistol cases on the max would be a good idea). Do we have to bring 2-300 rounds?

I know where you live! I will pick you up broham

I think i might be able to do this. I was going to the Albany Gun Show (one of the biggest in the state,) but maybe i'll go on Sunday instead. It's not like i have enough money to buy another gun.

200-300 rounds is too much for me, even with my shoulder pad. But instruction is priceless, so count me in for now.

200-300 rounds is too much for me, even with my shoulder pad. But instruction is priceless, so count me in for now.

Ammo is expensive.... but knowing how to use it is priceless !!!

I may go broke trying to stock up on ammo! I wish I could reload 7.62x39... :(

I will let everyone know if they want to use my AK as a rifle PM me so we can get some ammo... Aloha surplus sells 240 rds for $66.. If 4 people want to get in 1k rds is only $198 shipped. online.....

I have rounds for me Cause I am an operator!

You can shoot as much or as little as you want.

What I figure, I'll give the group some basics on the 27th, can actively shoot as you want, will give you some things to work on over the winter, get back together in the spring and keep building on what we started with.

Most is handling techniques, with basic shooting drills...........so one could get away with less than the rounds I suggest.

You can shoot as much or as little as you want.

What I figure, I'll give the group some basics on the 27th, can actively shoot as you want, will give you some things to work on over the winter, get back together in the spring and keep building on what we started with.

Most is handling techniques, with basic shooting drills...........so one could get away with less than the rounds I suggest.

Great idea.... See that is why you get paid the big bucks..

Time to start hammering out details, such as what time this is going to start and such. Who else is going? List is on the first page.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads