JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last questionnaire I was handed at the doctor and told to fill out had all sorts of questions I deemed inappropriate and irrelevant for the reason I was seeking medical assistance.

I handed it back to the employee and said, I'm not going to fill this out, it is optional and I am choosing the option to leave it blank.

She was visibly irritated because she was obviously used to sheep who do what they are told when told to fill out a form 3 pages long with questions like "are there guns in the house" and "how are the guns stored" - etc.

Doctors, Police, city, state, and federal employees - the less you say, the better, in my opinion.

When I turned 65, new medical facility, new doctor, new question form. Question number # Do you have firearms in your house? I left it blank. Receptionist says, "Do you know you didn't answer question #?" My answer, "Yes I know that."

I think a doctor saying, "depression is a real issue and if you're depressed and have access to guns, it increases chances of suicides. IF you have guns remember to get help. Here's a brochure."

Give a brochure. Don't ask if they have guns just make it common sense to let all people know to be aware whether or not they're gun owners.

The doctor doesn't have to know and that sure as hell doesn't have to go into a medical record but they can give info.

One possible answer: "Oh, guns scare me!" and leave it at that.

If they don't scare you, you're not taking it seriously. If they weren't dangerous they would be useless.

Me: "Hi, I'd like to see the doctor about my cough and earache."

Receptionist: "Certainly, just fill out this questionnaire."

Do you have guns in the house?
I have a cough and an earache.
Are they securely stored?
Does anyone else have access to your guns?
Do ever feel depressed?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR