JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
$$$$$

We got told that we were switching back to 9mm because new bullet technology now meets the FBI standard.....then I asked if the standard had been decreased to suit the agenda of some bureaucrat.....

Cheaper to buy, fewer failures to qualify for the newer, smaller officers we are hiring.
Yep. And it'll stop you as quick as a .40, .45 or .357 Sig.

Though I dont shoot .40 Id pick it over the 10mm based only on widespread availability.

Unless you reload.. Or have the means.. 10mm wasnt too common at local bimarts and Sportsmans Warehouses like it is now, same goes for 300blk.

As mentioned earlier.. Its more about shot placement.

Id rather have those extra 9mm rounds that more powerful 10mm or .357..

Though I dont shoot .40 Id pick it over the 10mm based only on widespread availability.

Unless you reload.. Or have the means.. 10mm wasnt too common at local bimarts and Sportsmans Warehouses like it is now, same goes for 300blk.

As mentioned earlier.. Its more about shot placement.

Id rather have those extra 9mm rounds that more powerful 10mm or .357..

yup, and this is the reason the 10mm never made it mainstream for self defense. Im not dissing the 10, I think its a better round far superior in fact but in reality its all about shot placement and then magazine capacity. A powerful round is not needed.

I have a 40 barrel for my 1911. I bought it when 10mm ammo was scarce. By changing the barrel and slide return spring, I reliably shoot 40. It feeds perfectly off the 10mm mags. Now that 10 mm is easily available, I may never shoot 40 again.

Oddly enough - during the last big scarcity on ammo/guns - 10mm was all I would see in stores. Sportsman's, Fisherman's, even Bi Mart. No 9mm, .40SW, .38, .357, or .45ACP to be seen but some places had a pallet of 10mm on the shelves. No 10mm firearms to shoot them though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top