JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The guy in Gresham was at a bar, if I remember correctly, so that may explain some of that story. I'm one of those guys most people won't miss with initially due to my stature and demeanor, and in the event I'm drawing my CC you've already made some mistakes. I only OC in situations where the general populace is going to be ok with it as my concern is less in the deterrent factor as it is the perception among anti-gun people.

I only OC in situations where the general populace is going to be ok with it as my concern is less in the deterrent factor as it is the perception among anti-gun people.

I feel ya. I guess my belief is that O/C of a holstered pistol is non-confrontational. It's VERY different from the guys carrying an AR on a single point sling. And it's also 100% legal, according to the WA SC.

I really think that O/C of a holstered pistol can be "normalized." As in, people will see, and at worst, roll their eyes and think "It's one of THOSE guys."

Look we have shotgun devotees and hunters that think CONCEALED carry is "paranoid." THESE are the guys that threw us all under the bus with 594.

Some people you will never reach. SCREW THEM.

The rest? They'll get used to it. There's a lot of up-sides, including access, speed of draw and deterrence to O/Cing a pistol. The downsides are that yes, your anti-gun people are going to have a hissy, but they already are, over C/C. The other is the IMO extremely remote chance of being targeted for a gun grab, by I honestly think that's hyperbole. And frankly, I've trained in retention. Try and grab my gun, and absent a full-on tackle? You're going to get shot. With that tackle, your odds go up, but not by a lot.

I actually relatively prefer the CC for the ease of comfort and ease of access for the most part. When I OC I feel like I always need to keep that hip and my gun hand guarded and away from any one I don't know. With CC I can move a little more freely due to not havin to worry about someone grabbing my gun unless I'm printing.
Perhaps it's something I haven't done enough to be comfortable with.

The guy in Gresham was at a bar, if I remember correctly, so that may explain some of that story. I'm one of those guys most people won't miss with initially due to my stature and demeanor, and in the event I'm drawing my CC you've already made some mistakes. I only OC in situations where the general populace is going to be ok with it as my concern is less in the deterrent factor as it is the perception among anti-gun people.

Actually Gresham guy was someplace worse than a bar - he was at a max platform. While a Gresham max stop is one of the most likely places you'll need a gun - it's the place I would most try to avoid if I was openly carrying a gun. I do seriously question that guy's tac - when the guy says "Give me your gun" he's telling you to put your hand on it and give it to him. I think I would be trying to give it to the guy bullets first at that point - even if it was the same gun (Sig Mosquito .22) in the story. The bad guy probably is not prepared for you to actually send lead downrange at him.

Gresham guy was probably new to guns, and new to carrying guns, and had no idea that carrying a gun brings with it a responsibility to be alert to who and what is around you. He learned a lesson the hard way.

Actually Gresham guy was someplace worse than a bar - he was at a max platform. While a Gresham max stop is one of the most likely places you'll need a gun - it's the place I would most try to avoid if I was openly carrying a gun. I do seriously question that guy's tac - when the guy says "Give me your gun" he's telling you to put your hand on it and give it to him. I think I would be trying to give it to the guy bullets first at that point - even if it was the same gun (Sig Mosquito .22) in the story. The bad guy probably is not prepared for you to actually send lead downrange at him.

Gresham guy was probably new to guns, and new to carrying guns, and had no idea that carrying a gun brings with it a responsibility to be alert to who and what is around you. He learned a lesson the hard way.
The reports I have seen say the guy who was robbed was 21. Is it known if he had a CHL? If not, to be legal he was carrying openly and unloaded.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top