JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The less said about the 'i've got enough guns now' comment, the better.... Not that i have ever said that, and subsequently realised i talk BS....

I'm going to ignore the 'need' part, reason being, i think you've probably gotten what you have actual needs for, otherwise you'd be asking for suggestions on what to get for a certain situation.

So here we are, smack bang in the middle of, want. And it's a pretty good place to be.

I had stopped getting more a couple of years ago, similarly, i like calibre consolidation, it won't stop me adding another calibre, but it makes me think before i do.

I had managed to make it to that point of, wow, my firearm wishlist is empty, i'm really not sure what i want now. However, ignoring the collector part, which i am not, it's purely a case of something that catches my eye, or interests me, either due to some historical significance, mechanical prowess or just plain looks cool.

What happened is that as i still have a healthy interest in firemarms, i kept learning more and seeing and experiencing more variety and range in guns. Eventually, you then realise you do want something else (see previous paragraph for reasons to attach to the want)

Chill, don't worry that your want/wish list is currently empty, you'll always keep your eye out for something, albeit on an unconscious level. :cool:

Ok here's my .02 worth. I think that you should have a couple of revolvers as semi autos can break and malfunction. That's not to say that a revolver cannot also malfunction but they are a more simplistic machine and less prone to it and there are no mags to mix up or lose and no action to cycle. they are simply, if loaded, point and shoot. there are some 9mm revolvers avail. but unless money is no object they can be very expensive to buy, and some require special moon clips to hold the ammo. My choice would be revolvers in .357 so that you then had a choice of 2 common calibers at your disposal, ,357 and 38spl. I know it would be adding a caliber to your list but I feel the benefits would be worth it. And maybe add a .22 revolver too just for the fun of it?.

Thanks to the device the fake Comcast guy put in the attic. Not quite sure yet if the fake Comcast guy is ATF or NSA, or subcontracted...

They sub-contract that stuff. None of the agency pukes can put two wires together properly.

Andy,
You, my friend, are the go-to guy if we ever need to equip an army....to kick out King George!:D

LMAO!!!

My sickness is I can't leave any gun well enough alone. Every single gun gets upgraded and customized. It is not uncommon for me to spend as much or more than the value of the gun on accessories like sights, mags, holsters, scopes, cerakote, threading, lights, lasers, and the list goes on. Every gun could stand a good customization!

guess I never really thought about it... I imagine there are some slime balls out there I wouldn't dirty one of my colt revolvers over, so I'd use a charter arms or something.

You may never "need" any of the guns you currently own, or there is a possibility you may need to outfit a dozen friends and family members to secure your home after an economic collapse? Zombie outbreak? Meteor strike? Alien invasion?

There are always niches, I own 20 or so AR's, no two are really well suited for the same task. They all have a reason for existing. Need is a little strong of word though. The real reason is because I like them and it's a better way to burn money than chasing women, booze or horses.

I don't get the only keeping 20 types of ammo!

I stock fighting ammo, but I just keep a few boxes for the guns I like to shoot occasionally! To my eyes apples and oranges but
YMcertainlyMV! :) I guess I just like to shoot and collect!
I hope to never have 20 calibers of ammo. I always try to practice with that I stock. Sometimes I get target ammo but not usually.

Ok so I LOVE my guns but I don't know why I need any more than I have. I have purchased what I have for specific reasons and I feel I am almost done. This is only for myself, so wife and kids are a different subject. But I am not a collector and I do not want to have to keep 20 different types of ammo.

1. Remington MODEL 870 EXPRESS TACTICAL (12G)

2. Ruger Ruger Precision Rifle (.308)

3. Custom built AR-15 (5.56)

4. Ruger 10/22 Takedown (.22)

5. Remington 700 STS (.308)

6. Springfield XDM 3.8" COMPACT MODEL (9mm)

If there is a good reason other then collecting please let me know why and what. Also yes I know the great debate on (9mm vs .40 vs .45) and in the end I feel if you use the correct ammo a 9 will do the job 98% of the time.

Why would you need any more? That is 100% up to you. Not knowing why you necessarily own the guns you do in the first place can make that difficult to answer for anyone but yourself. Me, for example, I don't hunt, but I own several guns that could be used for that purpose, should I ever have a desire or need to hunt. Some are very practical, such as my home defense and concealed carry guns - and I maintain a backup of each. Part of the reason for the backup is knowing if I had to use one for defense, that gun would likely be confiscated for a length of time - and while I'd most likely get it back at some point (assuming I didn't break the law using the gun in the first place), I'd be left without a gun to use in the meantime. So, for me, it makes sense to have a backup.

Now, I own a rifle or two that I have no practical need for, in fact, I hadn't even really wanted to buy one for years. The reason I bought them - well, blame that on Obama, Bloomberg, Pelosi and all the other anti-gunners that decided to attack our right to own such guns as the AR-15. I probably would have been fine without one, but I, like many others, when I'm told I may no longer be able to own something, especially when politicians tell me they know better than I do, well then I just had to go out and get one. And it turns out I like them, so I ended up buying another, in another caliber.

My collection involves guns I need and guns I want. I appreciate guns for the works of engineering and art that they are. Some have a very specific purpose (need) and some are just very interesting to me, so much that I wanted to own them.

In the end only you will really know what you want or need. But from the look of things, you certainly have a nice start.

It's un-American to not have a 30-06. Do yourself a favor and dump the Remington 700 and buy a good model 70 chambered for that grand cartridge...
LOL I really dislike 30-06. 308 is much better plain and simple for me. And Ill out shoot most anyone with my 700 vs a 70

Seems odd to ask other people why YOU would need more guns. Do you need more guns? Doesn't sound like it. If you'd like us to tell you that you have enough or that what you have is the 'best' coverage for your needs then o.k. but how do WE know?

For some reason this thread bugs me, not really sure what the OP's really looking for.

Enough is when there's no longer anything out there that interests me, I'll never have enough. Need? What does that mean? You don't NEED any.
I ask to see if I am missing anything for all purposes needs and I got my answer with a few more handguns and a 22 LR Bolt Action.

I ask to see if I am missing anything for all purposes needs and I got my answer with a few more handguns and a 22 LR Bolt Action.

.22lr bolt action is a great option to add. The Ruger American Rimfire in .22lr is a great option since you own a 10/22, since they use the same magazines. I really like mine.

My sickness is I can't leave any gun well enough alone. Every single gun gets upgraded and customized. It is not uncommon for me to spend as much or more than the value of the gun on accessories like sights, mags, holsters, scopes, cerakote, threading, lights, lasers, and the list goes on. Every gun could stand a good customization!

Well, yur jest cwazy! :D

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews