JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have had my Kimber Ultra Carry for a couple of years. Taken it apart 8-10 times but when I put it back together the hammer won't stay cocked. What is causing it to stay forwarder not cock?

Thanks
Tlakidd

Will it pull back and just not lock, or will it not pull rearward at all? If it doesn't lock, either the sear is missing, worn, or installed wrong, or the shelf on the hammer is worn so it won't catch on the sear. If it won't pull rearward at all, I would imagine you have the gun put back together incorrectly. Disassemble and retry...

Here's a pic of how the sear spring should look when installed correctly;

P094250007f.jpg

Thanks for the help. The diagram bellows shows the error well and I will explain below. First I a really appreciate the help from MountainBear who emailed me several times with help. Also, YouTube video from korn1536 is a huge help.

So here is the solution using the diagram above. The diagram would have allowed me to fix it and is a great referance point for the future. The left leaf aft was not seated correctly on the left sear leg. Of course I could not see this without taking the thumb safety off.

I hope this helps someone else like you were able to help me,

Thanks again. Only bad part of fixing this, my wife is reconsidering agreeing to let me buy the HK P30L that I was prepared to buy today if I had to take this to a gun smith.

Tlakidd

Consider it taken to a gunsmith...of the cyber kind!

My shop is open to all who need help with things such as this....and best of all...its no charge.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top