JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't use 55gr ammo in my AR because of 1:7 twist rate. Heavier bullets are more accurate out of my barrel. I do shoot XM855 but never had that happen to me. I did have some euro surplus blow up my wife's AK. The case blew out the back, brass chunks all over me and my uncle. My face was covered in powder residue. I was wearing sunglasses. I always wear some sort of eye protection. You'd be blind not to.

I had laser surgery some years ago so that in itself helps me to never forget the glasses when shooting. It wasn't until I started shooting my newly-purchased Kimber that I realized how important they are. This gun drops the shells into my lap! Today I had one come right back into my forehead. Lesson learned for me!
Wifey

thats a pretty common problem with kimbers wifey but luckely an easy fix too.(shells to the forehead)its a loose extractor.
if you put a bullet in the chamber with the slide off you will notice it is loose or the bullet just falls out,you need to pull the extractor and put a little bend in it to better grip the shells on ejection.mine also had fte(fail to eject)issues till i adjusted the extractor.great gun though.

thats a pretty common problem with kimbers wifey but luckely an easy fix too.(shells to the forehead)its a loose extractor.
if you put a bullet in the chamber with the slide off you will notice it is loose or the bullet just falls out,you need to pull the extractor and put a little bend in it to better grip the shells on ejection.mine also had fte(fail to eject)issues till i adjusted the extractor.great gun though.

There is a little more to it than just bending the extractor, but yeah that's the simplified version of it. Youtube has some good videos that can teach you how to properly tune your extractor.

Getting back to the topic of the thread...

We never used eye protection in the Army when range qualifying with our M16s. Looking back, I don't know why we didn't. I remember in basic training my rifle kept jamming and my drill sergeant's solution was to douse the bolt in oil. Needless to say as soon as I started firing, oil came flying off the bolt and into my face. Luckily, I was wearing my trusty Army issue "BCGs" (birth control glasses) at the time; which saved my eyes.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top