JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Weyerhaeuser has closed and gated off my 3 favorite shooting spots. . They can pay to clean up. I wont lift a finger anymore to clean up Weyerhaeuser land. :mad:
I'll do my best to keep all other shootin areas cleaner than when I arrived.

There's no link to where this pic came from, but if these are anti's posting this they're idiots. In this pic what I see is an established shooting range in the middle of a clean up of their own property.

5g6lzqs-jpg.268972.jpg

If someone is posting this as a testament to what "Pigs" firearms enthusiasts are, well, it's just another lie from the anti's!

Its like anything really you have those whom will stop and help someone in need and then you have those that break out their smart phones and record the event.
I go up to BLM and see washers, TV's etc. I come back a week later those items are gone. I take my SUV at times so cant lug a giant tv or washer home. But some one did. And also someone left it there too.

I see the same things. I have even run across abandoned cars and a R/V once. They taught us way back in the Cub Scouts to leave it better then you found it! I always do what I can, when I can! It sucks, some of my favorite areas are now closed to shooting! The off road guys are next to have those areas closed off to them!

If you think our informal shooting areas are a mess and you want to help clean up local informal shooting areas (like Memaloose) in the national forest then you need to contact Bill Cogley (Cogs) on this forum. NWFA has partnered with the USFS on a shooter education and cleanup program. It's your chance to volunteer in this area.

Yes, Oregon Wild was the "environmental" group whining about the trail work in the article. That money could have gone for bike trails, after all. Oregon Wild is just one of a group of organizations that make up an umbrella group I've discovered. It's called S.W.I.N.E. which is the acronym for Simpletons Wildly Indignant about Nearly Everything.

DID you hear about the $200,000.00 in damages the snowmobile club did south of bend in the name of maintenance on 31 miles of dirt road?
I know a couple of the equipment operators that were involved with this and there was no 'destruction' intended - a little overzealous maybe and the 'miscommunication' mentioned had most to do with it as they were not given any defined specifics as to what they could and could not do. Yea a few trees were knocked down but no real destruction per se' - go visit a logging operation if you want to see destruction and trash left over EG empty oil/grease containers, filters, engine parts etc.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top