JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
found on reddit/r/guns

5g6LZQS.jpg

I think this crap gives the antis more ammo than most other things.

I agree 100%.
It is a crying shame when you go out to the range or a outdoor shooting area and see left over shooting garbage.
Makes it difficult and awkward to introduce a new shooter to our hobby when you see what's in the pic that was posted.
Many thanks to all those folks who clean up after themselves and others.
Andy

Leave no sign Behind!!!
Betcha they are sloppy, disrespectful, campers also.

They are the kind of people that let's their dog crap in the neighbors frt yard.

Ya know what I mean.

DID you hear about the $200,000.00 in damages the snowmobile club did south of bend in the name of maintenance on 31 miles of dirt road? Talk about leaving a mess. They went at it with a dozer and an excavator!

http://www.opb.org/news/article/snowmobile-clubs-damage-to-deschutes-trails/
Dang, that's crazy.
Kinda sounds like some nut that dynamited the crap outa the Rogue.

."Then, in 1915, a young Glen Wooldridge put a homemade boat in at Grants Pass and steered his way to Gold Beach. He became the man who knew the Rogue the best. He guided Zane Grey, Ginger Rogers, and a whole roster of celebrities down the Rogue. With dynamite and gumption he blasted new channels in the river to make it safer and passable for generations to come.".

found on reddit/r/guns

View attachment 268972

I'm with y'all about 90%.

Personally to me, that pic looks like some sort of worst case at that range, like a maintenance day. Too much stuff in piles, look at that stack of shot shells.

Plus, IMO and how I grew up, if you went to a not managed shooting area it is a bonus if some left their target hanger and some 410-12ga shot shells to plink at with the .22's.

If it's useless barbage (all shot to hell) then I absolutely take it with me, as well as anything else others have left.

I ALWAYS have black bags and make it an end of the shooting day ritual.

Top Definition
Barbage
Barbage is two words combined (Bar Garbage). Barbage would be the usual suspects from scuzin bars you frequent (if any). These are people who lack the abilities to function in reality with a party to go.

I hate to say it, but this is the way it's going to be. It seems like we are going into a way of life that most everybody thinks that there is always going to be somebody to pick-up after them. One thing that really gets me is DUCK hunters that stand in one place and never pick-up the shot shells. Then the people that toss the fast food papers out the window. I mean the list can go on FOREVER. But I will never get use to it.

DID you hear about the $200,000.00 in damages the snowmobile club did south of bend in the name of maintenance on 31 miles of dirt road? Talk about leaving a mess. They went at it with a dozer and an excavator!

http://www.opb.org/news/article/snowmobile-clubs-damage-to-deschutes-trails/

Meh - not really an apples to apples comparison. I'm not a snowmobile user but I suspect when someone is hurt or lost in the forest (like stupid OPB viewers tend to do) those trails are worth their weight in gold. Obviously someone just needs to watch the culverts next time. Chopped down trees - a non-issue - they grow back.

Personally to me, that pic looks like some sort of worst case at that range, like a maintenance day. Too much stuff in piles, look at that stack of shot shells.
I think you're right. If you click on the pic and look closely at the items in the pile, the pile isn't really that big. The perspective makes it look like a huge amount of stuff. My guess is that it was a cleanup day. Granted, the stuff shouldn't have been left behind in the first place but it isn't the dramatic volume that it seems to be at first glance.

And thanks to all you other guys who routinely carry other people's trash out. It makes a difference.

I'm telling you. It was the Millennials. Or at least the Millennial mentality.

This is the sort of thing that happens. When Mom isn't around to pick up after them!

Please. Do your kids a favor.
When your teaching them to wipe there own buts?
Teach them to wash there own dishes. And clean there own laundry!

Well the parents of these kids are also the problem - you can't teach good manners if your not a good example. My generation seems to be the week link in the chain - I'm closing in on 40 fast.

My daughter will arrive early to help set up, stay after to help Clean up at parties etc so I guess some of my wife and I rubbed off.

Both my boys are 21 and 24 and I dont have to ask or tell they come with black trash bags and load out more then we came with we do it every time. And they do it even when they go without me. ( which better be never lol ) , But there is hope my kids are very very good at policing rounds and cleaning up when we shoot. Their bedrooms in the past were another story.

Yup. The antis are always looking for any thing they can pin us on. The 4X4 dudes, the Motor cycles dudes, the snow dudes, the list of out door offenders is long and well deserved! Look at all the areas we no longer have assess to! We reap what e sow! When We abuse a right, we prove we no longer deserve that right!
When I was younger We always looked forward to range time not just for shooting, but to find all the brass and shot shells so we could re load stuff for our selves, or trade with others who could use it! The stuff nobody wanted or could use was sold for scrap value and the money could by primers or something!

I have seen many times the non citizens and there issue leaving huge messes all over the place. I have seen many of them hunting and fishing with out licences or permits and using any thing they like with out regard to it use or restrictions! These same people come here and trash our country after they all ready trashed theirs!!! I had several neighbors who were not born and raised here. I have video of them getting out of there very nice and expensive cars and drop trash on the ground as they close the door and walk off or drive off! What do you do with these people? Telling them to pick up after them selves usually gets a No Habla Inglishh look or response!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top