Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Why WA has stupid gun laws.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Ranb, Nov 2, 2010.

  1. Ranb

    Ranb Belfair, WA Active Member

    Messages:
    898
    Likes Received:
    136
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2010
  2. Mr.510

    Mr.510 Belfair Washington Member

    Messages:
    75
    Likes Received:
    7
    Don't forget that a large number of us mailed in our ballots and they won't be counted for several days. :cool:
     
  3. Ranb

    Ranb Belfair, WA Active Member

    Messages:
    898
    Likes Received:
    136
    Yes, it occured to me right after I posted. But I am not impressed so far. It would be nice to see at least 80% turnout.

    Ranb
     
  4. littlegsxr

    littlegsxr Below Canada. Active Member

    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    31
    I have lost what little faith I had in WA politics. Amazing how the whole state goes red, yet thanks to king and pierce we are a blue state.
     
  5. twoclones

    twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,129
    Likes Received:
    180
    Time to make King County the 51st state :)
     
  6. Stomper

    Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

    Messages:
    12,894
    Likes Received:
    19,467
    Oregon feels your pain... it seems Multnomuh (in particular), and Washington counties dictate the rest of us into being a "blue state".

    I hope somebody is working on a "genetic bomb" that attacks those with that recently identified gene (or was it an extra chromosome?... LOL) I heard about in the news, that leftys seem to have... :D
     
  7. keystir

    keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

    Messages:
    498
    Likes Received:
    123
    So you feel your votes should count for more because you don't live in the city? You vote in your best interests why is it bad for others to do the same?
     
  8. riverrat373

    riverrat373 Washington State Member

    Messages:
    381
    Likes Received:
    20
    +1 :thumbup:
     
  9. twoclones

    twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,129
    Likes Received:
    180
    I feel it's wrong for people who live in the rain to tell desert dwellers to stop using river water to grow food. It's just as wrong for the large numbers in King County to dictate policy to those living in the other 90% of the state.
     
  10. Stomper

    Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

    Messages:
    12,894
    Likes Received:
    19,467
    Because a lefty's "best interests" suck arse... in general. That's why. :D
     
  11. keystir

    keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

    Messages:
    498
    Likes Received:
    123
    I feel your pain, I am all for saving little fishy's but not at the expense of our hardworking farmers. Geographically speaking, your right about 10% dictating policy to the other 90% unfortunately (I would say fortunately) we don't hand out votes by how much land you own so in reality it's actually 90% dictate policies of the other 10%.

    Before I get in trouble for causing this thread to go sideways,

    +1 :thumbup: More people need to vote!!!
     
  12. DoubleTapDrew

    DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,078
    Likes Received:
    377
    Same thing in Oregon. Mult. Co. decides the fate of the entire state. People who haven't been east of Gresham or south of Salem should not be allowed to decide things that do not even concern the city dwellers (issues on hunting, fishing, logging, etc.)
    Personally, I blame the Californian refugees with their (mostly) liberal views :paranoid:

    Multnomah and King County should just become their own state (call it SeaPort or something) and they can become the miniature los angeles they are striving for.
     
  13. ogre

    ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,753
    Likes Received:
    1,289
    Well spoken twoclones.
     
  14. 2506

    2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,368
    Likes Received:
    735
    So as a city dweller I have no concern over hunting, fishing, and logging? That's a pretty myopic view of things.
     
  15. DoubleTapDrew

    DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,078
    Likes Received:
    377
    No, and those probably aren't the greatest examples to use, but folks who live in the downtown areas who have a total of 4 trees in a 2 block radius shouldn't kill our logging industry because they think there "won't be any trees left". People who've never hunted in their lives shouldn't be telling hunters they can't use dogs for hunting cougars (I didn't get to hunt deer this year because they've mostly been killed by cats in the area I go) because it's "cruel" or "mean" or "unfair". We are fortunate to live in a state that has very diverse areas, wetlands, desert, mountains, flatlands, etc.

    What concerns me is the myopic view of the huge population clusters in the big cities (not all of them obviously, there are folks like you who live there) deciding the laws that affect people in other parts of the state without knowing the situation those folks are in that cause them to want a law passed or repealed. On the flip side, people who live in fossil shouldn't be voting on Metro issues and the like.
     
  16. Ranb

    Ranb Belfair, WA Active Member

    Messages:
    898
    Likes Received:
    136
    How is it in anyone's best interest to ban the guns least used in crime? Registered MG,s SBR/SBS are the types of firearms least associated with violent crime in WA, but for some reason they were made contraband in 1994.

    Silencers continue to be illegal to use even though there are no other legal methods of reducing the noise of firearms in the state. This is also in no one's best interest. But people voted in those Reps that place these unreasonable restrictions upon us.

    Ranb
     
  17. Riot

    Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    3,031
    Likes Received:
    1,718
    *bump*
     
  18. riverrat373

    riverrat373 Washington State Member

    Messages:
    381
    Likes Received:
    20
    +1:thumbup:
     
  19. littlegsxr

    littlegsxr Below Canada. Active Member

    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    31
    It's not that city dwellers are bad, but most lefty's don't have a clue where the food comes from. Wheat doesn't come from the pastry shop, steak believe it or not doesn't grow in those styren containers- it comes from cows. Cows we have to kill(sorry)
     
  20. littlegsxr

    littlegsxr Below Canada. Active Member

    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    31
    The eastside of washington and oregon have far different economic and societal views then the western metropolitan areas. I am not a redneck, I have been different places and countries. Different areas have different political needs, ours is mostly conservative.
     
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010