JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As I see it, the strategy of I-594 is death (of firearms ownership) by 50 cuts.

The Anti-pols in DC have seen that, on the national stage, trying to pass sweeping anti-gun legislation hits a brick wall, for example DiFi's most recent AWB effort following (and wallowing IN) the Sandy Hook massacre.

Instead, they are now attempting to kill your ownership rights a slice at a time, on a state-by-state basis, just like I-594 seeks to do.

That is one reason why there is so much money coming in from out-of-state, running this as a proof of concept that, by focusing huge resources on one state, the locals may be overwhelmed and the national pro-gun people may just shrug and think "hey, it's just Washington, not that big a deal." Until it's too late.

Until it becomes "Just Oregon" and "Just Idaho" ...and if there are enough successes with this, two things can happen: 1.) they will refine the state-by-state tactics and 2.) use that as 'proof' in declaring that strategically, the "Nation is now ready for meaningful 'common sense' gun control."

"Just look at Washington, Oregon and Idaho" they could say, as proof that "we can now do this in the US Congress."

So this little issue in Washington State has potential for huge implications, not just locally, or to our neighbors, who might be the next ones facing a similar initiative, but also in the overarching national strategic planning.

This is, as Joe Biden remarked, "kind of a big f'n deal."

I agree with the OP that I594 is REALLY BAD and I591 is merely bad. Both initiatives reinforce the idea that a background check is necessary for purchase of guns. Neither would receive my vote (if I were in WA).

I agree with the OP that I594 is REALLY BAD and I591 is merely bad. Both initiatives reinforce the idea that a background check is necessary for purchase of guns. Neither would receive my vote (if I were in WA).

Well, I live in WA, and will respectfully disagree with you. Not on background checks in 591, but the other part about it disallowing gun confiscation without due process. I mentioned earlier how it's in the law under certain circumstances, but if you get a bogus restraining order, a jerk for a doctor, or any other non-judicial actions that can have your guns taken (and for a very long time) for arguable reasons, you'll rethink the sentiment real fast.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top