JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've carried a couple times without a pocket holster. The gun always seems to shift inside my pocket, sometimes the barrel would be parallel with the ground. With a pocket holster the gun is kept in the correct position when you reach in to draw it. Also, I would notice a lot of pocket lint inside my barrel without a holster.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I carried my pf-9 in my pocket without a holster for a few months. Since it has no manual safety, I was always afraid to carry one in the pipe. The pocket holster gives me that added layer of safety by keeping the trigger enclosed. Now I carry one in the pipe as I should.

same thing as why you'd use a holster to carry IWB:
properly support the weapon in a safe and appropriate manner, ready for quick deployment if needed.

I have recently found that there is a much greater chance of the LaserMax on my Ruger .380 being inadvertently turned on when carried in my pocket.

Hmm... well I'll maybe have to check it out.

I pocket carry my LC9 without a holster. I have noticed lint/dirt a bit but nothing that overly affects how it works and I clean it regularly anyways. Printing hasn't been an issue, nor has alignment. I have the lasermax laser on mine, it never comes on, and it squares out the shape of the handgun so printing and alignment are helped I suppose?

Anyways, I'll have to see about checking one out a store sometime to see if it's that much of a benefit to me.

When I pocket carry, it's always with a pocket holster.

A good pocket holster should not print, keep the gun oriented for proper grab, protect the trigger, not come out with the gun, and provide some level of retention so the gun doesn't fall out regardless of your body angle.

There are cheapo blackhawk pocket holsters, and then there are good pocket holsters...here is an example of a good one. Not promoting this company per se, but just pointing out that a good pocket holster is more than just a pouch:

Pocket Concealment Systems, Inc.: Pocket Holsters

I really like the desantis super fly. It keeps the gun upright with the trigger protected. The buldge in my pocket doesn't look like a gun. What I most impressed with is how the holster stays put when I draw the gun.

I have several of the Galco horsehide pocket holsters for my Seecamp 32, Kel-tec P3AT and other guns. They are thin leather but tough and firm, hold the gun tight and protect it from printing and you moving that trigger.

I am sure there are other good holsters that you can buy, but the Galco is my favorite. Its not cheap but then good quality stuff never is.

Very good points already mentioned above.

I like RKBA for my pocket holsters. Steve's prices are reasonable, he'll work with you on customization, there's no 4-6 month waiting list, plus as a bonus he's local and on the forum.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top