JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Enlisted Oath:
"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

The Oath of Office (for officers):

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance tot he same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."

Why do we have two oaths, one for enlisted & one for officers? Is control by a political party, the presidents, all ready a given? In reading this, my $.02 is that an enlisted man is not as smart as an officer and therefor must be treated like a child. And how can you support/defend the constitution against a domestic enemy, if the domestic enemy is the one giving orders? So answer me this, as a former enlisted man will you keep your Oath to the president? Or since leaving the service do you not see the officers Oath to be more in line with your way of thinking? That maybe there should be just one Oath? I don't know about you but I will NOT swear an Oath to any one person or a group. To the Constitution, YES! To my Country, YES! To a political party? **** NO!
One Oath, the officers oath or nothing!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads