JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Staff may explicitly NOT CARRY (sadly), however visitors may, in some circumstances.

Super on that district to making the initial decision as to some steps which can be made by willing volunteers! Outstanding!

That is true in our district and we are very rural. In a staff meeting it was stressed that as an employee, regardless of CCL, we could not carry on district property. If it was found we had, it would mean termination of our position, however someone else could legally carry. I said, "So in other words, my husband can carry on campus but I can not." And was told that was correct.

I am grateful to see that somewhere in Oregon this is even being talked about. However, keep in mind, this is an incredibly small county. The population of the county is ~1,700 people and there is only one school in county/district. I'm sure in a location like that, it would be much easier to put the idea before the school and the school board. I worked in a county close by and could see them seeing how it goes, then doing something similar. After all the local gun range was technically on school property there. It would take a lot of the small districts making the change before the larger rural districts even begin talking about it.

2C1461A0-2A3A-4E1C-987E-DE179807A2CD.jpeg
That is true in our district and we are very rural. In a staff meeting it was stressed that as an employee, regardless of CCL, we could not carry on district property. If it was found we had, it would mean termination of our position, however someone else could legally carry. I said, "So in other words, my husband can carry on campus but I can not." And was told that was correct.

I am grateful to see that somewhere in Oregon this is even being talked about. However, keep in mind, this is an incredibly small county. The population of the county is ~1,700 people and there is only one school in county/district. I'm sure in a location like that, it would be much easier to put the idea before the school and the school board. I worked in a county close by and could see them seeing how it goes, then doing something similar. After all the local gun range was technically on school property there. It would take a lot of the small districts making the change before the larger rural districts even begin talking about it.
Another way we are different in Idaho

Let me know if you need any help. I have a lot of equipment and stuff,

Stuck here for a bit getting some of Mrs 3M's medical issues out of the way, but appropriately spending Independence Day week looking at property on the eastern side. Your area is also intriguing, but might be too close to Boise for my comfort. I've seen some very nice property there pretty reasonably priced.

Thinking about buying property this year, then putting a shop up with a shower and bathroom. I'll need the equity in my house to build there, so likely live in an RV or trailer while the house gets built.

Stuck here for a bit getting some of Mrs 3M's medical issues out of the way, but appropriately spending Independence Day week looking at property on the eastern side. Your area is also intriguing, but might be too close to Boise for my comfort. I've seen some very nice property there pretty reasonably priced.

Thinking about buying property this year, then putting a shop up with a shower and bathroom. I'll need the equity in my house to build there, so likely live in an RV or trailer while the house gets built.
We are just far enough from Boise to be out of there sphere of influence. The population here hasn't changed appreciably for 60 years. Fruitland and Payette are feeling the pressure. We are 9 miles out of town. Places like Cambridge and Council are nice but Weiser has the closest small hospital that we take advantage of from time to time. We are in Boise several times a month. Just far enough out to not be a bad trip when needed and if you need to catch an airliner to go somewhere. My wife's engineering practice is mostly in the east bay, it is an easy 10 hr drive (faster than flying) to there. She goes down every couple of months most of her work being done via the computer. Let me know when you are around.......I can introduce you to good people here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top