JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't forget the illegal aliens who are parasitically living off your tax dollars.,. it is estimated that each illegal family soaks up $36,000 USD each year. What could we actual citizens do with that money?

Not to mention they represent a HUGE percentage of the incarcerated, for which you also pay

If you incarcerate them you can double that 36k. You now have to pay for interpreters, cultural advisors/coordinators, and all the special medical needs that pop up with illegals (like when an entire unit of both inmates and C/O's get a positive for TB exposure.)

If you incarcerate them you can double that 36k. You now have to pay for interpreters, cultural advisors/coordinators, and all the special medical needs that pop up with illegals (like when an entire unit of both inmates and C/O's get a positive for TB exposure.)

Just put the illegals on a C130 take them furtherest most remote reaches of their home sountry and kick them out of the plane, tell em if they come back next time they well be shot for espionage, no exceptions. this would take care of 90% or better of the problem, the rest well I will donate the bullets for the espionage conviction.

Do the same with the drug mules, except no second chances get caught smuggle drugs into our country regardless of quantity, if it is the vehicle they are driving, on their person or in their possession have a trial upon conviction firing squad, no exception no delays. Problem goes away

Now back to where we are and how are we going to fix this financial mess or prepare to survive it.

I think the first thing we need to do is bring our jobs back to the US from China. Penalize the companies that are sending our jobs over seas and rewarding the ones that bring them back.
I can't imagine whats going to happen when we pull out of afganland and all those soldiers start looking for jobs.

An understanding of the Petro Dollar is necessary to see what is happening; why we are attempting to stop the Middle Eastern nations from trading with other currencies than the dollar. If that happens, plus if the dollar losses its reserve status, it is done - the Fiat dollar would be toast, hyperinflation, collapse of our economy overnight.

You Tube frowns on truthful videos such as this so you might have to do some start/stopping/restarts; they intentionally mess with playback.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many previous times in history has a Free Republic existed for more than 200 years and practiced Capitalism? Oh, that would be zero. So making a statement to the effect that "...we never learn the lesson." doesn't make any sense. If you just hate capitalism it's ok to just say that. You don't need to make justifying statement.

I may be wrong, because I haven't done any research to back this up....but wasn't ancient Rome a free republic that practiced capitalism? That is my general memory of the situation....though memory cannot always be trusted...

I may be wrong, because I haven't done any research to back this up....but wasn't ancient Rome a free republic that practiced capitalism? That is my general memory of the situation....though memory cannot always be trusted...
Not so much. It started as a republic but the Rome we think of was in fact ruled under 1 person starting with Giaus Julius Cesar Octavius. You also have to remember the workforce in Rome was Slave based. The unemployment rates were quite high, taxes were high, corruption was high. The best way for advancement was to join the army and hopefully go to war and acquire loot.

Free enterprise is not capitalism.. everyone should study to learn the difference since they are not the same system and one leads to economic bondage

Briefly, free enterprise means liberty to create and build, perhaps with investors, and capitalism is he who has all the gold and loans it out at usury makes the rules. We are now a capitalist system, a thing the Founders sought to eliminate. We grew mighty under free enterprise and have now largely lost it

The following is my take on 4 subjects and how I feel it contributed to our current state as a nation and world.

Fractional reserve banking: Allowing a bank to loan repeatedly off the same fixed amount of money. I deposit $10 in a bank. You borrow $10. The bank is only required to have on hand 10% of your loan as collateral. So that means the bank has $9 remaining it can loan off. Your brother comes to get a $9 loan from the bank, the bank is only required to keep 10% on hand. Doing this fractional reserve banking only twice I have stretched $10 to $19. This process can repeat forever with any deposit, whether $.1 or 1Trillion. What if both of these loans are called upon at the same time? Ruh roh. What if you did house loans like this and then people lost jobs and can't pay? Ruh roh.

Repeal of Glass-Steagal: Wall street firms can now use private persons assets held in banks that are under there umbrella as collateral in deals. As in they aren't just using the firms money, they are now using our money.

Federal Reserve: First of all its not "Federal" it's global. The US Government borrows $1 at 6% interest. If money is only created in 1 place, the federal reserve, how could the Government EVER get enough money to repay that $1 at 6%? Well they would need more money printed and thus the new loan to repay the original loan is also taxed, creating a viscous cycle. The federal reserve has the economy's of the world under its house. They convinced entire nations that if they did not house gold they would not be targets of invasion and lured the countries into depositing all the nations gold into the federal reserve and creating faith based economies (The book this is based off is entitled Wealth of Nations). Slowly over time by printing money in these economies every single one has been degraded. You can not tax a nation into prosperity. These were clear and calculated moves to crash economies of the world.

Outsourcing: I think companies are going to have to take a hard line on this. Corporations and business engaged in outsourcing are facing the facts. When they made the decision to remove a job here and create one elsewhere, they are removing that persons purchasing power. This is a goods or services world, if we do not have the means to generate income to purchase your goods and services, what difference does it make if your projected bottom line is better because you moved manufacturing? At what point is there not enough consumers to warrant your product? They will need to be willing to take a financial hit to rebuild our infrastructure to support all the labor we have outsourced because it was more lucrative. We must have jobs to earn money to be able to consume.

Please all of you get a cold drink and sit down and watch this two part video explaining fractional reserve banking and the history of our planned enslavement

<broken link removed>

Part two:

<broken link removed>

Not so much. It started as a republic but the Rome we think of was in fact ruled under 1 person starting with Giaus Julius Cesar Octavius. You also have to remember the workforce in Rome was Slave based. The unemployment rates were quite high, taxes were high, corruption was high. The best way for advancement was to join the army and hopefully go to war and acquire loot.

Sounds like the USA as envisioned by certain powerful interests.

My old philosophy professor, a libertarian, used to remind us that we cannot survive by doing each other's laundry. In realistic terms, that is what a "service" economy is. In order to fuel an economy, someone somewhere has to take something out of the ground, make it into a product that didn't previously exist, and sell it at a profit. Selling information to each other doesn't qualify. Making furniture out of trees, or making cars out of iron ore, aluminum ore, and plastic does. How much of the latter is America doing these days? Almost none. That's why there are no livable wage jobs for high school graduates.

The Right is fond of saying that small business is our greatest job creator, but small business typically doesn't manufacture things. Small businesses typically sell services. Such businesses typically offer less than full time jobs, paying minimum wage, with no benefits and no future.

A service based economy can exist only upon the foundation provided by manufacturing businesses. The US has no such manufacturing foundation any more. All that went to China, India, and Mexico long ago. The dollar has been devalued in relation to actual commodities (inflation) to the point where we are becoming cost competitive in the labor market with Japan. Things won't turn around employment-wise until we're cost competitive with China, India, and Mexico where the bulk of manufacturing is going on now. What does that future look like for American manufacturing workers? Take a look at lifestyles in those three countries.

This is where unregulated capitalism always takes us, and we never learn the lesson.

Around here there are a number of small business that manufacture products. These are family owned business, cash and run.

We could invest that money into our collapsing infrastructure, which in return create jobs, and tax revenues, which turn could go towards our national debt.

The city that I live on edge of sewer system is collapsing, everytime there is a backup they dig out the blockage and insert two sections of pipe, note I did not say say the remove the old pipe because it has already decayed to nothing, all that is left is the clay that formed around it and is acting as pipe.

According to the old timer up the block the entire system was laid in 1948, 64 yrs ago, it is now 14 yrs past (or older than) what the average sewer or bridge in the U.S. is engineered designed to last for under the projected loads and useage taking into account future needs.

Sorry for the digress, but our system is in dire needs of repair and with our current economics and debt, well we are S.O.L.

I think we should bring the troops back and because they would have a hard time finding jobs....they can be re-trained and immediately put to work rebuilding our infrastructure.

Same amount of money spent (or less) but we don't end up pissing off even more arabs and our bravest and finest get to keep their lives and limbs....OH....and we get much needed infrastructure upgrades.....WIN/WIN/WIN

Free enterprise is not capitalism.. everyone should study to learn the difference since they are not the same system and one leads to economic bondage

Briefly, free enterprise means liberty to create and build, perhaps with investors, and capitalism is he who has all the gold and loans it out at usury makes the rules. We are now a capitalist system, a thing the Founders sought to eliminate. We grew mighty under free enterprise and have now largely lost it

Not quite accurate. A capitalist system is where private capital deployed/invested in order to build a business/make money. Capital is something that has been earned. What we have now is a system based on debt. Debtilism would be a more accurate name.

The following is my take on 4 subjects and how I feel it contributed to our current state as a nation and world.

Fractional reserve banking: Allowing a bank to loan repeatedly off the same fixed amount of money. I deposit $10 in a bank. You borrow $10. The bank is only required to have on hand 10% of your loan as collateral. So that means the bank has $9 remaining it can loan off. Your brother comes to get a $9 loan from the bank, the bank is only required to keep 10% on hand. Doing this fractional reserve banking only twice I have stretched $10 to $19. This process can repeat forever with any deposit, whether $.1 or 1Trillion. What if both of these loans are called upon at the same time? Ruh roh. What if you did house loans like this and then people lost jobs and can't pay? Ruh roh.

Repeal of Glass-Steagal: Wall street firms can now use private persons assets held in banks that are under there umbrella as collateral in deals. As in they aren't just using the firms money, they are now using our money.

Federal Reserve: First of all its not "Federal" it's global. The US Government borrows $1 at 6% interest. If money is only created in 1 place, the federal reserve, how could the Government EVER get enough money to repay that $1 at 6%? Well they would need more money printed and thus the new loan to repay the original loan is also taxed, creating a viscous cycle. The federal reserve has the economy's of the world under its house. They convinced entire nations that if they did not house gold they would not be targets of invasion and lured the countries into depositing all the nations gold into the federal reserve and creating faith based economies (The book this is based off is entitled Wealth of Nations). Slowly over time by printing money in these economies every single one has been degraded. You can not tax a nation into prosperity. These were clear and calculated moves to crash economies of the world.

Outsourcing: I think companies are going to have to take a hard line on this. Corporations and business engaged in outsourcing are facing the facts. When they made the decision to remove a job here and create one elsewhere, they are removing that persons purchasing power. This is a goods or services world, if we do not have the means to generate income to purchase your goods and services, what difference does it make if your projected bottom line is better because you moved manufacturing? At what point is there not enough consumers to warrant your product? They will need to be willing to take a financial hit to rebuild our infrastructure to support all the labor we have outsourced because it was more lucrative. We must have jobs to earn money to be able to consume.

you left out the community reinvestment act,which forced banks to give money to those who did not requirements ie financial affirmative action.

Not quite accurate. A capitalist system is where private capital deployed/invested in order to build a business/make money. Capital is something that has been earned. What we have now is a system based on debt. Debtilism would be a more accurate name.

Seems to pass muster. However the FREE aspect of running a business without government interference must be tossed into the mix. We are so far from a low tax, free system it's absurd

Could John Moses Browning design and build machine guns in his small shop today? The government interference might have even made that wizard give up

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top