JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do not know how many people are noticing the invisible inflation, but the other day I at one Samsclub the Plantser deluxe mixed nuts priced at $14.58 for 2 lb 8 ounce jar is Now $14.58 for a 2lb 2 ounce jar and today i was on the other side of town and went into a Samsclub they had the 2 lb 8 ounces jars but they were priced at $16.28. just t a ouple years ago they were $10.38 or so for 2lbs 8 ounces.

If that is not not a sign of hidden depression or on the verge thereof, someone please tell me what is.

Good observation. There are definite strides being taken to try and hide inflation.

For instance, the pack of gum I bought the other day has 'blanks' in the pack.

Glass jars have mountain peaks coming up into the jar instead of being flat.

Smaller portions, same price.

You guys are making me depressed.....backing up all the dark thoughts that go through my head daily.

I feel like we're in a state of trickle-up economics, where the top end has created a system for themselves to nickle-and-dime the bottom end into blind consumerism and ignorance. Obese, in extreme debt, uneducated, unable to prioritize, overall narcissistic culture, and it feels like we're digging our own hole. Define "American"........it feels like there is absolutely no consensus amongst us and i see that as a major hurdle to overcoming all of this turmoil.

Sorry about that. I used to get depressed over all of this and a lot more starting in the early 2000s. Had me all stressed, couldn't sleep. But somehow I just am able to understand and accept truth without being depressed over it. Maybe I have a mental disorder LOL! A buddy of mine is really in a funk because he believes some horrible crap is coming right around the corner. I told him, maybe so, but maybe not. All you can do as a rational person is prep and then go on with your life and try your best to enjoy it. One thing is not bothering with the things that deluded people are concerned with; politics, materialism, invisible friends; and just have all that extra time to instead, play.

No apologies necessary, it was partially a play on the thread title anyway. I've only recently even considered getting "prepared" because i don't have to focus all my attention on finding a job anymore, which is nice. ;) After getting milked by every form of local gov't and the feds to a lesser (obvious) extent for everything from non-moving violations with mandatory minimum fines to fencing ordinances (it seems like we're being taken from every angle at times)..........and being stonewalled, ignored and given the runaround by multiple banks in the last few years over a few different matters, i'm becoming more and more convinced that the decline is picking up steam. And with 1 year old twin boys and a 3 year old daughter, i'm even more nervous.......but it also makes the task of getting prepared seem far more intimidating.

Funny you mention not getting worried about politics.....the other night i was thinking of running a campaign for "None Of The Above" ;) on the networking sites and seeing if i could bilk some ad money out of some companies. Edit: Oh well, been done.

It is hard not to get some sort of depression even if it is one those 5 minute types, says wht? when going doing the grocery aisle.

When things get to me, I think about how being informed right now at this moment where things really are going, it gives me a heads up, about what I need to do to prepare my household for where its heading.

There are days where I cannot stomache reading the news and whenever I go to log onto one of the sites at home, I got work on my mylaring instead, if I am work I will get up and go for a walk instead.

The key to being informed is not to let it get you down, but to use that data to do what you need to, to prepare what you see coming

It is hard not to get some sort of depression even if it is one those 5 minute types, says wht? when going doing the grocery aisle.

When things get to me, I think about how being informed right now at this moment where things really are going, it gives me a heads up, about what I need to do to prepare my household for where its heading.

There are days where I cannot stomache reading the news and whenever I go to log onto one of the sites at home, I got work on my mylaring instead, if I am work I will get up and go for a walk instead.

The key to being informed is not to let it get you down, but to use that data to do what you need to, to prepare what you see coming
I hear you. I think of how bad the geat depression was and how this can be far worse. I see us going back to the Middle Ages where we had the aristocracy and the serfs. Its hard to even think about luxuries or any little fun things which is why I sold off my comic book collection and bought 6k rounds of 5.56 to go with my m4, 4 55 gal water barrels, 100 lbs of red beans and 200 lbs of rice.
Now I just wish I could sell the house and find a nice little cabin in north montana or Alaska and live in peace and not give a care about the government, or the stock market.

I am with you, I run across people daily who I see are struggling to make ends meet but have the latest of all the new fancy gadgets and I am spending my spare time surfing Craigslist > Cities Gun Classifieds | Free Local Used and New Gun Classified Listings. Pistols, Rifles, Shotguns, Ammo, Antique and Collectible Guns, and Gun Accessories. - gunlistings.org ARMSLIST - Gun Classifieds looking for deals, I put in for job transfers to western MT and ID weekly, almost every evening of the weekend I spend mylar packaging food, water filters, etc,

I even mylar packaged a buthc of samll packs of matches, lighters, esbit and cohglans fuel tablets, I learned backpacking lighters / matches are valuable and so are small fuel tablets for getting a fire started, made a lot of pals out there buy being able to get a fire going or giving up a lighter or pack of matches.

I have sold off some sentimental items a use for funding some of my stores, I budget in very very few luxuries besides my cable tv internet service and cell phone. I do allow myself about $50.00 a month of personal luxuries which include mcdonalds coffee, a pizza, a burger and fires and few double cheese burgers. I do have decent job and pay in comparison to a lot of folks but am not a 6 figure salary by no means,

However I am constantly scanning sales paper and use coupons when available,as you said what is coming is going to be worse than the great depression and only those who are prepared or have the right skills are going ot survive or thrive, I believe dentist, doctors, nurses, pharmacist, a handyman or a scagenger are the one who need not like the rest of us, except for meds, instruments and tools to accomplish their task.

In 1971 Nixon altered the Bretton Woods act. This basically was a government run evaluation of the dollar to gold ratio. When Nixon changed the system (at the time inflation was over 10 percent) we reverted to a new more popular evaluation of Oil. With the creation of OPEC (Ie major oil producing nations must sell oil in U.S. Dollars) this put the US back in line as head of the pack. Paying in dollars may not seem like a big deal but other countries must convert billions of dollars into U.S. Currency on a regular basis to buy energy. This essentially inflates the value of the dollar (not to mention the large 2-10 percent conversion losses other countries must make to get dollars) but it also means that the federal government can buy oil for the cost of minting additional money. Back in 2008 when fuel prices were soaring, the federal government printed 22 billion dollars in additional currency, paid for oil, sold the oil for a reduced price, artificially lowered fuel prices, and took 22 billion in converted funds.

The government is borrowing, and printing more money. These are not good signs. America is borrowing, and living outside of it's earnings.

The government is borrowing, and printing more money. These are not good signs. America is borrowing, and living outside of it's earnings.

Yeah, I know I have been posting this stuff about debt trying to get peoples attention, no one seem to give a sh1t anymore, I mentioned to a few people at work they oh that is not good and went back to shatting about what they did over the weekend.

Yeah, I know I have been posting this stuff about debt trying to get peoples attention, no one seem to give a sh1t anymore, I mentioned to a few people at work they oh that is not good and went back to shatting about what they did over the weekend.

Some people don't believe they can influence it, and some suffer from the Normalcy Bias. We have had no serious pain in this country in 70 years (WW2).

I will prepare as best I can for myself and my family. It may be sufficient. I don't know. Time will tell.

Peter

Some people don't believe they can influence it, and some suffer from the Normalcy Bias. We have had no serious pain in this country in 70 years (WW2).

I will prepare as best I can for myself and my family. It may be sufficient. I don't know. Time will tell.

Peter

If we all do the best we can, we will be miles ahead of the rest.

Don't forget the illegal aliens who are parasitically living off your tax dollars.,. it is estimated that each illegal family soaks up $36,000 USD each year. What could we actual citizens do with that money?

Not to mention they represent a HUGE percentage of the incarcerated, for which you also pay

We could invest that money into our collapsing infrastructure, which in return create jobs, and tax revenues, which turn could go towards our national debt.

The city that I live on edge of sewer system is collapsing, everytime there is a backup they dig out the blockage and insert two sections of pipe, note I did not say say the remove the old pipe because it has already decayed to nothing, all that is left is the clay that formed around it and is acting as pipe.

According to the old timer up the block the entire system was laid in 1948, 64 yrs ago, it is now 14 yrs past (or older than) what the average sewer or bridge in the U.S. is engineered designed to last for under the projected loads and useage taking into account future needs.

Sorry for the digress, but our system is in dire needs of repair and with our current economics and debt, well we are S.O.L.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top