JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just bought a Colt 6951 Colt 9mm Carbine & it came w/ an el cheapo MagPul BUIS. Why the love for MagPul furniture? Looks and feels cheap. Mags are OK, but I would rather have a LMT SOPMOD of similar butstock or simulare quality furniture. Seems everyone loves this stuff. Replaced my MagPul BUIS w/ a USMC BAC BUIS.

Last Edited:
I like their MOE+ grips and the ACS stock. I don't care for their handguards much. I've got a pile of PMags because they are cheap and readily available. I happen to like Magpul BUIS. They work and haven't failed me yet.

I use magpul sights because they are affordable and hardly used as I put the money into optics. They work and function fine when I need them which is rare. They are a backup.

I think that Magpul stuff is inexpensive, durable, and very natural feeling. The MOE+ grip is my favorite also, and I have the STR stock on most of my ARs. It gives a great, comfortable cheek weld with irons or optics, and locks up solid. I have never had a failure with a P Mag, can't say that about any other brand that I have. The Glock mags are awesome too. And did I mention, MADE IN THE USA, by a solid 2nd amendment supporting company.

Ok, so I'm a bit of a Magpul fanboy.
I don't say that for much stuff, but I do love Magpul.

It's the Glock of accessories.
People will grip about it's plastic feel, but it is durable, affordable, and I love the feel of it for comfort.
I have it on a few pieces and was thinking about adding a magpul foregrip to the Mossberg 590 I just bought.

I can I say I love pmags? I would never buy another kids of mag for an AR.
Steel mags actually feels cheap to me and I hate the way they sounds. As stupid as that sounds.

Its surprising how difficult it must be to make simple things feel right. I've handled other stuff but it's either too slippery or plastic feeling. Magpul is one company that has a good balance of cost and durability.

I like their MOE+ grips and the ACS stock. I don't care for their handguards much. I've got a pile of PMags because they are cheap and readily available. I happen to like Magpul BUIS. They work and haven't failed me yet.
Bought every grip there is , and these still feel great.:D

Lots of people automatically think plastic = crappy but when done well it can be the better material for a given application. Magpul has got it down.

These days you really have to appreciate a company that manufactures in the US and is still able to turn out a quality product for a reasonable price.

Per the Maine Corps Times, The USMC is adopting the Gen 3 P-Mags for the newly adopted HK M27 IAR for infantry units along w/ the M249 except squad leaders, who will keep M4s. Non-infantry Marines will keep the M4. I guess $3000 vs $1000 per rifle drove that decision.

I'll admit to liking Magpul. Magazines, stocks, grips, BUIS, I've found them to be durable, reliable and at least to me, don't appear or feel cheap. I like some other brands too, but no hate for Magpul. Fab Defense makes some decent stuff as well.

Count me in on the MAGPUL Fan club! I like pretty much every thing they make, and it just works! I know several folks with the Remmy 870 stocks conversions, and while sorta ugly, MAN do they feel good in the hands and run the way a good 870 should
I also really like the MOE+ grips, and have them on one of my AR builds! P-Mags, nothing out there better at any price, and they keep making more and more, for more platforms! Good solid AMERICAN company employing AMERICANS building products other countries wish they could have!!!:D

LMT is also an American company, as are Colt, Barrett, Noveske and many others. Other than the P-mags most of Magpul's accessories just feel & look cheap. Plastic should not be that different in texture & feel. An example: Mercedes, BMW, Toyota & Honda interior plastics look and feel higher quality than my GMC Sierra and my buddy's Ram, go figure. To each his own I guess, I qualified rifle with a M14 & pistol w/ a 1911A1 as a Midshipmen the mid '80s (UW NROTC class of '86). I still have my 870 riot gun w/ a wood stock. Must just be a middle aged grey hair that just doesn't kneel & salivate at the Magpul alter.

Last Edited:
MY first AR I bought back in about 1997 had the round plastic handguards, the typical post-ban fixed slider-looking stock and a typical A2 grip. Now talk about feeling like cheap plastic! Way cheaper feel than Magpul!

I always liked the feel of the M16A2 & M4 stocks, however on our submarine we were issued M16A1s & they really felt cheap. No wonder the Marines didn't want to turn in their M14s. Good thing that the Navy keep the M14 in storage in Crain IN. Billery had all the Army M14s in storage destroyed. This made High Powered rifles available for the never ending wars.

LMT is also an American company, as are Colt, Barrett, Noveske and many others. Other than the P-mags most of Magpul's accessories just feel & look cheap. Plastic should not be that different in texture & feel. An example: Mercedes, BMW, Toyota & Honda interior plastics look and feel higher quality than my GMC Sierra and my buddy's Ram, go figure. To each his own I guess, I qualified rifle with a M14 & pistol w/ a 1911A1 as a Midshipmen the mid '80s (UW NROTC class of '86). I still have my 870 riot gun w/ a wood stock. Must just be a middle aged grey hair that just doesn't kneel & salivate at the Magpul alter.
you do understand that Magpul also sells expensive high-end stuff. Unlike a lot of other accessory manufacturers they make stuff for mostly everyone's budget.

I just bought a Colt 6951 Colt 9mm Carbine & it came w/ an el cheapo MagPul BUIS. Why the love for MagPul furniture? Looks and feels cheap. Mags are OK, but I would rather have a LMT SOPMOD of similar butstock or simulare quality furniture. Seems everyone loves this stuff. Replaced my MagPul BUIS w/ a USMC BAC BUIS.
I think that the MBUIS is one of their weaker products.
They remind me of European kitchen cabinet hinges, only made of plastic. A plastic Frog Hinge.
(OK, they work but they look cheesy to me)
:)

I use Troy for iron sights.

Pmag is arguably the best polymer mag on the market....it's here to stay.
Magpul has a couple of buttstock models that compete very well with the Lewis....read cheekweld.
No one makes anything that matches PRS or UBR.

So in closing, Magpul is the industry leader in all things polymer for the AR platform (and others).
They own the bleeding edge and the Cool Factor which seems to evolve to Industry Standard.

I like magpul as a company. I like their grips, stocks and magazines but I'll never own magpie buis. I'm a primary iron sight kind of guy.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top