JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Hi all! Great forum! My first question isnt about guns so please forgive me. I need help understanding us here on the West coast. Are we insane? :huh:Why after such a dismal economy the past few years, primarily due Democrats in power, does Washington Oregon California all have Democrat Governors and two US Senators each today? All six senators are radical women, yes Wyden and Merkley may as well wear dresses, along with Cantwell, Murray, Boxer and Feinstein. Is there something Portland, Seattle and San Fran voters know what the rest of their states dont? I live east of the cascades and its like I'm in a whole different state. Its like a wave torn through the US from the East coast all across America and ended at the Cascades and Sierra Nevada. On a positive note I did read a study as of late from a San Diego school and Harvard reflecting liberal mindness is basically a social disorder of clingy people that need help from bigger gubbermint and cannot function self reliantly(liberals). Maybe this is the key in changing our metropolitan socialized cesspools that dictate state policies from their concrete jungle. I honestly feel more like a Idahoan than a Oregonian.:eek:

...Why after such a dismal economy the past few years, primarily due Democrats in power...

It seems like your whole argument hinges on that statement... and that statement isn't really true. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Boxer, Feinstein, and the like, but there's plenty of legitimate reasons for it without resorting to blaming them for an economy that was tanking well before the Dems held the White House or Congress.

It seems like your whole argument hinges on that statement... and that statement isn't really true. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Boxer, Feinstein, and the like, but there's plenty of legitimate reasons for it without resorting to blaming them for an economy that was tanking well before the Dems held the White House or Congress.

+1

It's all cyclical man, the economy goes up, then it goes down, then it goes up, then it goes down.....

Same with Democrat vs. Republican control of things. First Democrat, then Republican, then Democrat, then Republican.....

Just MHO :winkkiss:

Greg

I see, inversely, so the rest of America is insane:s0114: for voting Democrats out and the GOP gaining 60 seats in congress. Ya, that settles it:nuts:. Dont get me wrong, I'm as cynical as most northwesterners, but it still doesnt answer why the rest of the country goes one way, while the far Left coast remains stuborn and loyal to one party. :confused:

Actually, those are good observations. However, both parties (and the last several administrations) are responsible for the h*ll we are going through. Both adhere to Keynesian economic theory, which lies at the heart of the problem we now have.

But...

The west coast is so far to the left that you might as well call it Marxist (thank God there is still some sanity east of the Cascades). The way I explain it to my daughter is, the Left (big government, nanny-state party) are like a locust swarm. Locusts do not build or create anything; they totally consume everything in their path. They destroyed California, then when it got so bad that even they couldn't stand it, they swarmed north to Oregon and Washington. OR and WA (west of the Cascades) is devoured now, so the swarm will try to head east. I have a huge amount of respect for the folks on the east side of OR. Economically, Eastern Oregon is worse off than Western Oregon, yet not one county in the east voted for the nanny-state party's gubernatorial candidate. Hope you can stop the locusts from invading your lands any more than they already have. Having said that, the modern Republican party is not much better. They seem to be little more than nanny-state "Lite."

Disagreeing with your politics is insane?
If you ask me (and you did, in a roundabout way), thinking someone is insane for voting democrat is insane. Nobody is going to make any progress until the vast majority begins to understand that the "other side" is not insane, they're the "other side" - and our neighbors.

The economy is not in the tank due to the Democrats. That's a tea party pipe dream.

The economy is in the tank due to the wars (plural!) started by Republicans.
The economy is in the tank due to the financial regulations the Republicans refused to enact before the implosion.
The economy is in the tank because the Democrats aren't much better than the Republicans when it comes to fixing problems.

And what's wrong with women? You don't think women should be in a position of power? Are their minds too feeble? The OP seems to be implying this, but it could be misinterpretation on my part - the OP's writing rambles and is not entirely clear.

Anybody who can still point to partisan politics as the "primary" reason for the economy et cetera must have been comatose for the past decade. Or delusional.

Everybody points the finger at their favorite strawman whipping boy, while no one takes a long, hard look at the guy they're selecting simply to vote the last clown out.

As far as I can tell, the sole difference between (R) and (D) is in the specifics of the LIES they tell in order to win the next election. And there isn't a one among them who wouldn't sell his own grandchildren to stay in power.

The economy is not in the tank due to the Democrats. That's a tea party pipe dream.

The economy is in the tank due to the wars (plural!) started by Republicans.
The economy is in the tank due to the financial regulations the Republicans refused to enact before the implosion.

Point of fact: The problem with the laws comes down to one repealed, Glass-Steagal, and one enacted, CFMA.
Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The latter was introduced by Phil Gramm (R) and signed into law by Bill Clinton.

C&H pure cane communism:s0114:. I think found my answer of you. Theres a lot of assuming here. Maybe I'll never understand people in the valley and their needy desires for a nanny leadership. I never said Republican= good, Demoncats=bad. I wanna know why people west of the cascades and Sierra Nevada are stubbornly loyal to Democrats even after the Democrats have been in COMPLETE power for the past few years and failed up and dug a good hole for the future, while the rest of the country demanded change and made it happen yesterday?:). I know theres many variables, but you cant shake the fact Dems are responsible for most of the crap of the past few years. Ya, I know...diet coke or diet pepsi:s0129:

"On a positive note I did read a study as of late from a San Diego school and Harvard reflecting liberal mindness..."

I thought them fancy Ivy-League schewls and higher-ed in general where full of liberals and not to be trusted.

One thing will cause change in a person, pain. The democrats on the coast haven't been hit hard enough to make them smart yet. As the democrat agenda unfolds in the coast areas the pain will hit the voters and change will take place. It will be too late and the suffering will be great.

jj

Jim, I hope your right. Call me aweful, but I think some economical hurt is greatly deserved to those who remain so selfishly indulgent and materialistic like I see so apparent in cities like Portland, Seattle and San Fran, LA etc. Last month we took a venture over the cascades to the ocean and when we passed through Portland I can honestly say I never seen so many piggish folks. Figuratively and literally. Never seen so many anti-American and perverted bumperstickers on so many little foreign cars either:s0114:. Reminded me of when I was stationed in Germany while serving in the Army as the folks looked like idealistic plump sheeple, shopping, dining, protesting and thinking they are so smart with their "progressive" ideals:woot: . I dont know how some of you good folks can reside over there. I shouldnt complain too much though as Oregon has been pretty good on gun rights:) Its just that liberal gene scientists have found that we need to do something about and get these folks to be a tad bit more self reliant and not dependant like children in adult bodies.

48% of Oregons electate is democrat and on the public dole. Unless it is a district outside of the big cities a conservative can't win. The libs would rather eat each other than have conservative government. They will.

jj

As far as I can tell, the sole difference between (R) and (D) is in the specifics of the LIES they tell in order to win the next election. And there isn't a one among them who wouldn't sell his own grandchildren to stay in power.

+1

It's all a game. Nobody, from either party, actually believes any of the crap they throw out. They just fling it against the wall to see what sticks, and who they can convince to support their stated position.

48% of Oregons electate is democrat and on the public dole.

Jim, don't make me correct you again. Your 48% is actually less than 2%.

Economy Statistics > Welfare Caseloads > Total recipients (per capita) (most recent) by state

# 7 Alaska: 2.4 per 100 people (15,927)

# 10 Washington: 2.238 per 100 people (140,721)

# 36 Oregon: 1.197 per 100 people (43,591)

Plenty of red states ahead of Oregon in the welfare game.

Sources:

Welfare Caseloads total recipients (per capita) by state. Definition, graph and map.

:s0112::s0114:
To quote Louis Black,

"the main difference between the parties is that Democrats suck and Republicans blow."

+1:s0112::s0112: Trlsmn you make me laugh thanks.

I agree to that. I think it would be good for term limits or if a miracle does happen and you do find an honest to goodness politician doing a good job at being a representative then maybe if he gets 65% or 70% of the vote then he can remain in his position.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads