JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agreed, Libertarians and REAL conservatives and such are the only political barrier to a final nightmare Orwellian takeover. In fact the final line that is the real militia and is going to end up saving the day

Liberals are the useful idiots Lenin spoke of, the first ones against the wall when the commie revolution succeeds. I don't want to censor them, just tell the truth

Many women in the states are not liberal at ALL, they have a voice as well. My lady would sign off on almost every post I have made here

Anyone in politics who wants to disarm us is a domestic enemy who has sinister, ultimate plans or is a paid for lackey. Those that assist them are accomplices

I would assert a third reason, such weapons are the most likely to succeed in defending our liberties should it come down to that

Because the plan is the same as on that fateful day in 1775, in fact the same people who were behind King George are behind the plan, today (their descendants)

I'm not a Democrat, just like people don't assume Conservatives are Republicans. In the political world there are sadly few options. I do not support gun laws. I feel strongly about other topics too, however. I never read anything about Obama being pro gun, so I'm unsure where he was seen as a liar. I'm sure all politicians waffle and lie along the campaign trail, so perhaps you're right. I don't know why you'd expect me to defend politicians? Am happy to justify statements I make personally, but it's not my job or desire to elaborate for others. Politicians in particular tend to be very verbose. I encourage you to read or listen to political speakers yourself and draw your own conclusions and options.

If you are a gun totin liberal then you do not care about the 2A because your liberal politicians vote lock step with the party against us!!!

Sorry but you need to realize the truth, you stand with the liberals you stand against our 2A rights.

If you are a gun totin liberal then you do not care about the 2A because your liberal politicians vote lock step with the party against us!!!

Sorry but you need to realize the truth, you stand with the liberals you stand against our 2A rights.

I believe it was a liberal who prevented the gun legislation from even making to the floor of the Oregon legislature by saying she wouldn't vote for then. Betsy Johnson is who kept them from being voted on, a Democrats from Scappoose. Also there were many members of this forum thanking and supporting her for those actions.

There are two reasons to target AR-15s, and neither is good. First, "assault weapons" are used in mass killings, which are both more newsworthy and more realistic-seeming to a white suburbanite. Second, AR-15s are, by far, the favorite gun of legal gun buyers.

Anything can be an "assault weapon" if used to assault someone!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

So with ^this^ line of thinking....If you are a penis packing man, you must be a rapist?

Yours, and others, comments are offensive to people I should think you would want on your side.

I believe it was a liberal who prevented the gun legislation from even making to the floor of the Oregon legislature by saying she wouldn't vote for then. Betsy Johnson is who kept them from being voted on, a Democrats from Scappoose. Also there were many members of this forum thanking and supporting her for those actions.

OK, that is great and I applaud her if so BUT it is the exception and not the rule. Maybe she is slowly waking up from the liberal stupor

So with ^this^ line of thinking....If you are a penis packing man, you must be a rapist?
Yours, and others, comments are offensive to people I should think you would want on your side.

Mike;
Offended by Jim's comment?
Your response is right out of Alinsky's playbook, shift left-attack!
Vote for a politician who is your soul mate but is also anti-2A?
That vote hurt the 2A.

Wasn't your intent?
Learn anything constructive?
If not, you might be a hypocritical gun-totin liberal anti-2A.

BTW
a pecker-packer and married 32 years to a rape victem.
Be careful of the bubblegum you sling

Here's my question again...

As a Liberal, how does one resolve the whole firearms ownership thing in light of the attack on the 2A, and that firearms ownership is nearly exclusively attacked by those on the Left? (Liberal)
There are other issues to vote on than just gun rights. For example, a big threat to gun rights is the media and public shootings. So if I vote for better healthcare and education, I'm having an effect on gun related deaths and therefore gun restrictions.

Not all liberal law makers do support gun restrictions. After you vote you're supposed to communicate when your representatives. Not all gun laws are a matter of representatives either, so sometimes we get a direct vote which is nice. There's also the right of assembly, so events like the gathering on the 19th of January at the capitol is another way to show support. Educating people on a personal level adopt gun rights, laws, and use also helps. Public attitude is an effective way I think to help gun rights.

There are other issues to vote on than just gun rights. For example, a big threat to gun rights is the media and public shootings. So if I vote for better healthcare and education, I'm having an effect on gun related deaths and therefore gun restrictions.

Not all liberal law makers do support gun restrictions. After you vote you're supposed to communicate when your representatives. Not all gun laws are a matter of representatives either, so sometimes we get a direct vote which is nice. There's also the right of assembly, so events like the gathering on the 19th of January at the capitol is another way to show support. Educating people on a personal level adopt gun rights, laws, and use also helps. Public attitude is an effective way I think to help gun rights.

Audrey,

the educational and health care systems are bloated with anti-gun policies and ideologies. These are often "feel good" initiatives that get supported by individuals who neither know nor care anything about gun rights in this country, and more often than , would like nothing more than to see the Second Amendment be done away with. As far as Liberals and their support of gun rights, again, we have to look at the big picture. While it may be true that there are a few Liberal politicians who are closet gun right supporters, sadly, their ideals when exposed by their fellow Libs will always be cast aside for the sake of their cause. How many Liberals will vote against illegal immigration, same sex marriage, Obamacare, abortion? Probably zero. Yet how many times do we see these issues tied in with "safety" and "common sense" gun laws with mental health care?

"Educating people on a personal level to adopt guns rights, laws and use " as you say IS a great idea.....but its hard when the same people are being brainwashed ( as Eric Holder mentioned) by the same systems in place that you are supporting.

You asked for my logic. I knew we disagreed. That's OK. :)

I'm ok with disagreeing.....

Please, though, perform some due diligence in regards to the health care/educational link and firearms ownership.....under the current administration the paradigm has shifted. This shift is what has created so many single issue voters like myself when it comes to 2A issues.

Merry Christmas BTW.

Notice what Holder says regarding the educational system for the youth of America.

[video=youtube_share;bIcSLhGvaTE]http://youtu.be/bIcSLhGvaTE[/video]

I think personal, unencumbered, gun ownership in America simply represents, and is a symbol of, our unique freedoms and way of life. There will always be someone who opposes something. The interesting dynamic with firearms and their use is that it is not a pure Red/Blue issue. On average, it's probably true that DIMS are more opposed to them than their counterparts...but probably not as much as we think. IMO, most of the hate has been instigated by the media and their completely lopsided portrayal of events involving firearms. For instance, every month, the American Rifleman magazine has the "Armed Citizen" section listing numerous situations where guns stopped crime and saved lives... hear much about those on the news?

Recently, a gallop poll showed support for individual gun ownership at an all time high -- 74%. I think the public is growing weary of the constant intrusion by government into our daily lives and constitutional rights.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top