JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never underestimate the power of cheep, seen my share of home built stuff that was reliable and accurate! There are a lot of nasty places in this world where civilians cannot purchase or own firearms, but a few chunks of pipe and some black power can ruin your entire afternoon! See it many times, krap can kill just as easy and effecently as high dollar stuff!

there have always been gun snobs and they are here on this site too

sks upgrades and your a bubba ...good Im a bubba and deplorable
I also own a crappy Taurus 9mm 24/7 my most accurate pistol... I shoot dinner plates at 75 yards consistently

who cares most here vote democrat & they vote FOR gun control..........so what the hell do they know and who cares what they think ....identity politics and identity gun snobbery

ya..... I look for every chance I can to insult a gun owning democrat......... voting to take my rights away
Too bad you are al
Those posting dissing the guy because he can't afford a high end gun are too dumb to realize that the majority of forum members reading their posts are thinking, "what a jerk."
Calling someone out based on finances is poor form.

Calling out someone for thinking brand X is "the best" or "the worst" is just good natured ribbing, it's what Men do and should be continued...:)
And of course, we're all Men here. Hmmm. Come to think of it... (unzip, rustle, rustle) Nope. We aren't.

I don't think the cost of a gun dictates it's usefulness but junk is junk no matter what it costs. It does seem that more junk products are towards the bottom end of cost. The sweet spot is when you find quality at a reasonable price. I think one of the things we are effective at in a place with a group like this is calling out issues with products we have experiance with. Many of us are old guys (the only people that have a lot of time to devote) and have extensive experiance to share. It is best when opinions can be backed up with the information that brought us to the opinion, nevertheless it is important information that can help a less experienced person from making a mistake. I have always preferred to buy a used product of quality than a new junk one for the same price. I watched the guys buy new Fiats for more money than my used Mercedes and how in 3 years my Mercedes was still cruising after the Fiat had disintegrated around them. I find guns the same way. Many of my best guns are approaching 90 years old and perform with or better than new production guns.

Last Edited:
I had a TRG that was about as good as it got, then I found a Savage and the Ruger P.R. both could shoot the same, guess which one I still own? Yup, Savage, and made a nice little profit when I sold the other two! Only one I cannot part with no matter what is my SSG, way too much into it, and way to cool to ever let it go!

66184375-932B-481F-B62B-E01588B72475.jpeg Look at the metal/wood fit of this 100 year old combination gun made in Ferlach Austria. This is quality and it shoots well too.

19C2D062-D6F3-4F5E-84F3-EA183ABA427C.png T
Nice go ahead rub it in like salt in a wound we get it you live in IDAHO you have a exspesive shot gun lol rub rub rub and geee why the contempt mmmmmmm lol
that wasn't the intent of the posting.......more to do with buying used quality vs new junk.......but I did just buy another one. Made in 1938 in Suhl Germany. It should be here next week. I got an exceptional buy on this gun......was well less than a new 870 wingmaster today (that I have many of) it will need some polish and cleanup but the quality endures.

Last Edited:
View attachment 450175 T

that wasn't the intent of the posting.......more to do with buying used quality vs new junk.......but I did just buy another one. Made in 1938 in Suhl Germany. It should be here next week.
Nice do you use them or just collect .
Years ago I worked at the Peterson ranch in California long long time ago Peterson is dead now but I would work at his ranch trap range lol the pigeon shoot .any way I saw guys Shooting twenty thousand dollar guns HEHEE but they also had very exspesive cars

7C5A9AA6-3885-4A9D-B62E-2D06AAFAE907.jpeg B96CB413-ED39-45C0-A4E1-8FC82CA1FAE7.jpeg We shoot all of them. My current personal trap gun in a 1938 August Schuler also a Suhl gun. My field gun is a post war Merkel over under without adornment but the smoothest break action you have ever felt. It is the art and quality that attracts me to these guns. They are like a fine painting only useful. I have more than my share of fun cars too but many are not particularly expensive. I don't own any insanely expensive guns.....like Purdy's or an English Boss. I find my German guns equal quality, much more attractive at 1/4 the cost.

As far as staying on topic goes,
Ide rather be broke and happy then frugal and discontent

Aka im young dumb and impatient

Im sure your anderson lower is perfectly suitable and not lacking in quality kruejl, but it will never look as good as this:p
14AE301A-ACDF-4D5B-9656-D9EED2FD4DD1.jpeg

Which is also probably why you can afford to feed yourself and ill be living off of coffee and cigarettes for the next two weeks:s0112:

As far as staying on topic goes,
Ide rather be broke and happy then frugal and discontent

Aka im young dumb and impatient

Im sure your anderson lower is perfectly suitable and not lacking in quality kruejl, but it will never look as good as this:p
View attachment 450241

Which is also probably why you can afford to feed yourself and ill be living off of coffee and cigarettes for the next two weeks:s0112:

Nothing wrong with living off of coffee and smokes, man. That's my M-F breakfast :s0033:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top