JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
'Cause it worked for Sergeant York....:D
I also like the 1911 series because it is the pistol I have the most experience with and I tend to hit what I aim at with 'em.
But as to the 1911 vs. Glock debate... I really don't care... use what you want and what you can hit with.
Andy

Glock only has another 1906 generations of improvements and adaptations to be what the 1911 has been for over a hundred years!:D

Flame on fan boys!:p

I own both and vote for the 1911!

1911's are better because new parts don't just fit...you get the fun of filing. 1911's are better because I'd hate to have too many rounds left over after a defensive use. 1911's are better because the absolute cheapest one is the same cost as a Glock, but I have the opportunity to spend 2-4 times as much, too. My Glocks just have way too many rounds, have parts that are way too interchangeable, and are way too inexpensive.

I own both and vote for the 1911!

1911's are better because new parts don't just fit...you get the fun of filing. 1911's are better because I'd hate to have too many rounds left over after a defensive use. 1911's are better because the absolute cheapest one is the same cost as a Glock, but I have the opportunity to spend 2-4 times as much, too. My Glocks just have way too many rounds, have parts that are way too interchangeable, and are way too inexpensive.

I hate being cheated out of reloading 6 times to shoot a box of 50 rounds! With a Glock, I only get the opportunity to reload twice! The Glock shortdicks every cannibal on the Congo!

Two reasons. Don't like Glock triggers. Far more comfortable with most every 1911 ever privileged to shoot. Have three. One Colt Competition in 9mm, Ruger full frame in .45 and Colt Officer in .45.

Eleven years ago was shooting my Glock model 23 in .40 using Corbon 180. Gun blew up in my hand. Slide was open, chamber had a missing piece. Made hand bleed but only caused deep bruising. Sent remaining rounds and the carcass thru Sportsmen Warehouse to Glock. Five months later they sent a new gun. No communication other than gun replacement. Traded it in on a rifle immediately. Still carry tiny speck of polymer frame in my face.

Why people want to compare the Glock to a 1911 is beyond me. There are so many pistols that are a better compairson. Springfield, CZ , Sig, FN, S&W and more that make dam good poly pistols. But no it's always Glock vs 1911. Plain silly. I own a poly Springfield, Sig and CZ all high capacity that I like more than Glocks. They have their place. But...

Nothing feels like a single stack. That's why even Glock makes them. My EDC is a p938 that holds 8 rounds of 124 grain +p Golden Sabre's. I don't feel lacking because I shoot the pistol well and it's a breeze to carry and conceal. And when I carry my 1911 government with 9 rounds of HST goodness's that I can shoot, I feel well armed also.

So is my 20 round CZ or 21 round Sig in my safe going to save me ? Or the 16 oz pistol on my side. Or the 38 oz 1911s when I'm feeling spunky. I hope someday people pick pistols that actually compare.

Last Edited:
Objectively the Glock is a better pistol, but it can't touch the Old School Cool of the 1911A1. Plus I've put about 40K rounds through assorted 1911s. I hit fast and well and the manual-of-arms is practically hardwired for me at this point. So I'll hang on to my 1911a1 and leave the Glocks to other, smarter people.

Obviously the 1911 is a far superior platform cause when you run out of bullets, which is inevitable in a 1911, it is a much more effective than a glock when used to pistol whip someone.o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top