JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lol @tac you make me laugh.

Yes you have repeated the same information about your country many times.

However, we have also repeated the same information about the United States. Which you seem to disagree with and not fully understand.

Thanks for bringing up the same old same old about your countries mass shootings.

I'd chock it up to you being the type to live here in the US, own guns, and state no one needs an AR15.

As someone who is a gamer (non-professional) and gun owner it pains me to see such dangerous stupidity displayed in that community....BUT... it doesn't surprise me in the least.

Last Edited:
I guess he's a "professional" game player and has now been suspended.....

None of it makes any sense to most working guys.

Got me scratching my head. Unless one works for a company that develops gaming software and one is testing said, I don't get "professional game player". For that matter, that activity strikes me a gigantic waste of time.

Got me scratching my head. Unless one works for a company that develops gaming software and one is testing said, I don't get "professional game player". For that matter, that activity strikes me a gigantic waste of time.
I had no idea the realm of video game "professions" until having my younger brother explain it to me. There are paid tournaments, and professional video gamers in our world! They get paid to stream their games online, then play at tournaments where they win payouts in the millions.

There is even commentated video game tournaments that stream online just like a golf tournament would on television.

I get it. People watch people play games and it's a huge business (golf, football, first person shooters, Indy 500, Mario Cart -- it's all just playing games). It doesn't interest me personally to watch people play games, whether in the real world or digital, but enough people are interested and so players make money (at least some of them).

EDIT: Actually, I find that I too like watching people play games. Last month I noticed Top Shot streaming on Amazon Prime. I binge watched it and enjoyed myself.

Lol @tac you make me laugh.

Yes you have repeated the same information about your country many times.

However, we have also repeated the same information about the United States. Which you seem to disagree with and not fully understand.

Thanks for bringing up the same old same old about your countries mass shootings.

I'd chock it up to you being the type to live here in the US, own guns, and state no one needs an AR15.

'Merica. I couldn't care any less about firearm rules/laws in other countries.

They play in tournaments and, if they're at a high enough level, they win quite a bit of money. That money is usually through sponsors or the game designers to help promote their games. That said, the number of people making any significant money is very few. Being a pro gamer is somewhere below being a professional poker player and somewhere slightly above pro instagram model.

Minor rant incoming...

Don't knock gamers (idiot discussed above excluded). Video game gross earnings worldwide dwarf the worldwide earnings of the movie industry. There are video game championships that have higher viewer counts than the Superbowl, with multi-million dollar prizes.

I hate to break it to all you people who will think nothing of watching 3 hours of non interactive TV at night and brag about doing things in the real world with real people, but millions of gamers who are playing online instead of watching Seinfeld reruns are doing real things with real people during the same times that you are just staring at commercials.

Support your gamers. They are young, motivated, often financially well off despite gaming, and often own real firearms...and they vote. We want them on our side.

Sorry, Nerds vs. Jocks died in the late '80s, and the gaming lifestyle is as legitimate as 2A lifestyle. I read many posts about taking people to the range to educate them about the benefits of responsible gun ownership; that such efforts are needed to protect the 2A.
Gamers like shooting virtual guns, they are young, and thus should be a big group of people to help promote the 2A in the future. You FUDDS should buy a PlayStation, get into Call of Duty instead of History Channel crap about "Safari hunts in the early days" and make new friends. Take them to the range and educate them.

You FUDDS should buy a PlayStation, get into Call of Duty instead of History Channel crap about "Safari hunts in the early days" and make new friends. Take them to the range and educate them.
Once again I take offense at the term 'FUDD' but that's beside the point and not even relevant to this thread.

Yea, this is what I want to do is to find a basement gamer, befriend him and take him to the range and educate him.

I'll stick with my History Channel shows and my REAL shooting I do almost every weekend and often with other FUDDS I know as well who are long time hunters, shooters etc. who prefer the bench and target over a monitor.

OH, BTW I was playing LSL (and into the Land of the Lounge Lizards), Wolfenstein etc. on DOS format before some of these 'gamers' were even a twinkle in their parents' eyes. I just never got into any 'modern' gaming and most likely never will as I am a traditional 'outdoorsman' and not a 'basement dweller'.

Herein lies the biggest problem with the separation of cultures today...assuming that one can't have mutual interests AND differing interests simultaneously. A lot of people who get out and hunt or target shoot for sport also play video games and have families and raise children, etc. Now there is a certain level of healthy gaming and then there is locking yourself away and removing yourself from all social aspects of the world. Two different things. But I have to agree with ferret, that gaming is simply a modern incarnation of entertainment that is no worse off than sitting in front of a television to watch a movie or sitcom. As long as you do it in moderation. Personally, I couldn't be a gamer for a living but that's just me.

I game, on both Xbox and PS. I also have built many high end PCs for gaming and would still be doing that if I didn't hate Windows.

I like to cook, I spent $600 on my vacuum and I'm covered in tattoos. I own tactical gear along with revolvers, wood and steel guns and even a couple C&R. I have a Scentsy wax warmer going right now because...well....I like the way it makes my place smell. I keep the extra wax in the same cabinet as two cases of PMags and over 1000 rounds of .357 magnum.

My point? Labels suck.:rolleyes:

I game, on both Xbox and PS. I also have built many high end PCs for gaming and would still be doing that if I didn't hate Windows.

I like to cook, I spent $600 on my vacuum and I'm covered in tattoos. I own tactical gear along with revolvers, wood and steel guns and even a couple C&R. I have a Scentsy wax warmer going right now because...well....I like the way it makes my place smell. I keep the extra wax in the same cabinet as two cases of PMags and over 1000 rounds of .357 magnum.

My point? Labels suck.:rolleyes:

Labels are for a can of chili, not Gun owners.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top