JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw the headline on the news feed of my phone. Yeah, not too bright. I guess he's a "professional" game player and has now been suspended.....

None of it makes any sense to most working guys.

Sorry @tac here in America you still have rights even for being a little stupid.

I imagine this would make a person in the UK a felon?

Sorry @tac here in America you still have rights even for being a little stupid. I imagine this would make a person in the UK a felon?

I suppose I could have done the same thing with my Ruger Old Army BP revolver, or then again, with my 12"-barrel Ruger Super Redhawk, but it's very unlikely. Loading up the BP revolver in the old homestead would doubtless have raised some wifely eyebrows, let alone unlimbering a four and a half pound UK-spec revolver with a scope on it...

Or do you mean ownership of what appears to be a modern handgun?

Unless you live in Northern Ireland, such a scenario would be 99.999% impossible. There are, of course, NO illegally-owned handguns in England, Scotland or Wales. :rolleyes:

I suppose I could have done the same thing with my Ruger Old Army BP revolver, or then again, with my 12"-barrel Ruger Super Redhawk, but it's very unlikely. Loading up the BP revolver in the old homestead would doubtless have raised some wifely eyebrows, let alone unlimbering a four and a half pound UK-spec revolver with a scope on it...

Unless you live in Northern Ireland, such a scenario would be 99.999% impossible. There are, of course, NO illegally-owned handguns in England, Scotland or Wales. :rolleyes:
I know handguns are illegal.

Just curious if this level of stupidity would put one in jail in UK and have what rights one might have over there removed.

I was attempting sarcasm as although you seem to understand the 2a of the USA, at times you can come off like you don't believe everyone here deserves the same protection under that right.

I recall a thread a while back where you and I discussed a few things and you referred to a "shady" "quiet" type that was accepted into your shooting club, only to be booted because he was "shady" and "quiet". Things that do not disqualify someone in the states at all, and should never restrict an Americans rights.

It's not really that difficult to find a total moron living amongst us.
There are stupid people everywhere.
Find me an intelligent normal rational person living their life properly
and then I'll be impressed.

Man thats a drag

I know handguns are illegal.

Nope, just prohibited [unless you are a criminal, that is, in which case there is nothing that can be done about it, as criminals ignore the law.] As I am continually pointing out, you can legally own ANY kind of handgun in Northern Ireland, which is not a district of the Republic of Ireland, but part of the UK. And here on mainland GB you can have any kind of BP handgun, providing it does not shoot by means of a cartridge. And, of course, the infamous long-barrelled revolver or pistol, which is what I have.

However, going back a few weeks, I explone at great lengths how you CAN own a proper cartridge-firing handgun here on MAINLAND yUK. It's just that I'm not prepared to go the expense - or bear the shame - of 'owning' a handgun that has to kept elsewhere and shot under the supervision of some dwong who may have never served his country.

Just curious if this level of stupidity would put one in jail in UK and have what rights one might have over there removed.

I just can't see how this might happen here in ANY part of the yUK. I don't play any video games, having had my share of the real thing, and the likelihood of anybody that I know shooting the carp out of his monitor like this is just about unthinkable. Here in ALL of the yUK, guns and ammunition have to be locked away separately when not in use on a range.
Again with the 'rights'! Here in yUK there are NO RIGHTS TO GUN OWNERSHIP OF ANY KIND. ONLY THE US OF A HAS THE RKBA. I must have written this at least fifty times on this forum over the years I've been here. Gun ownership in yUK and everywhere else in the Free World is a privilege for which you pay, and have laws with which to comply or else...

I was attempting sarcasm as although you seem to understand the 2a of the USA, at times you can come off like you don't believe everyone here deserves the same protection under that right.

Let's just say that folks whose eyes swivel in different directions, and get all excited watched people on TV screens killing each other by the thousand, are not necessarily MY choice of companion on a night out with the boys, especially if he happens to be carrying at the time. Note that I have no problem with what you get up to in your own country, but please remember that actions like those of this person do not hold up as a great example of a person exercising the RKBA.

I recall a thread a while back where you and I discussed a few things and you referred to a "shady" "quiet" type that was accepted into your shooting club, only to be booted because he was "shady" and "quiet". Things that do not disqualify someone in the states at all, and should never restrict an Americans rights.

The person was NOT 'accepted' into the gun club, so he was not 'booted out'. He WAS a provisional member of the club, in accordance with the LAW, in order to legally lay a hand on a firearm of any kind. He was advised to look elsewhere for a sport where his obvious difficulties engaging with his fellow humans could be accommodated without the possibility of causing harm to anybody else. I suggested long-distance hiking - solo - but then I'm all heart, as anyone who knows me would tell you... Looking at the floor when being shown how to operate a live firearm, and walking away to a quiet corner to admire your shoes whilst being offered assistance might fill YOU with confidence about somebody who is about to take up a potentially lethal sport, but we were substantially less than impressed.

As for the rest of your sentence we must differ here, Sir. Perhaps if there were less locally-grown loons slaughtering kids in schools, or shooting up shopping malls or discos, I might tend agree with you. Since we will never agree about this fundamental difference of opinion, I won't be engaging you in conversation about it any time in the future.

All I will say about it is that there have been THREE mass shooting here in yUK since 1986, and all three were accomplished by people who were clearly marching to a different drummer than the rest of us. All three were legally in possession of the firearms that they used to slaughter 16 people in Hungerford, another seventeen in Dunblane, and 12 in Cumbria. If their prior erratic behaviour had been acted upon, and their guns taken away from them, then they might have resorted to using another form of weaponry to carry out their actions. We will never know, since they did the world the favour of killing themselves, sadly, after they had accomplished their aims - just like most of your mass-murderers do, in fact.

Disagree, stupid is not unlawful. If we took all the stupid gun owners and told them they could not own one?

Well you get the point. Why humorous intent seems the nature of the posting. The reality is stupid doesn't remove a
Constitutional Right, nor should it. If that is the case, my wife has proof of my stupidity.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads