JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Why are we (in the gun community) so quick to judge who should or should not have guns? Isn't 'shall not be infringed' a basic premise to what we believe?

Even jokingly it irritates me to see comments in threads that someone shouldn't be allowed to have a gun.

We should not be so cavalier about taking someones rights away.

A few of my friends and I have had this discussion. While we don't like the idea of taking a person's rights away, we do feel a little strange about a couple people we know that own guns. We know a couple of guys who will one day do something stupid with their gun. Not necessarily malicious, just plain old stupid.

Everyone, at some point in their life, has known a person who just does stupid things. When you know that person well enough, they become predictably stupid. You can almost predict what stupid thing they are going to do, even before they are in the situation to do it. It makes you feel a little uneasy knowing those people have a gun. But it's their right the same as it is mine.

I see people do stupid things in cars everyday. They still have thier car. I agree that people should not do stupid things with guns but I sure won't advocate the stripping of their constitutional rights. I am sure that we have all done something stupid in the past, should we all loose the right to bear arms? There are punishments for breaking laws other than infringing rights. Kudos for bringing this up Kimber Custom.

I see people do stupid things in cars everyday. They still have thier car. I agree that people should not do stupid things with guns but I sure won't advocate the stripping of their constitutional rights. I am sure that we have all done something stupid in the past, should we all loose the right to bear arms? There are punishments for breaking laws other than infringing rights. Kudos for bringing this up Kimber Custom.

To be fair, one of the punishments for breaking laws or doing something stupid is being lambasted and ridiculed by your fellow man. Just sayin'.

We really shouldn't judge until then... Ive seen some pretty nice looking reasonable people do stupid things, and yet seen some really goofy people be very smart around guns

Why not though? You shouldn't use your own judgment? Dont we all judge people? Were you not taught to choose your friends wisely? Do we not judge people at every election? Dont you judge every person you date?

Who was the idiot that came up with the idea that using sound judgment is bad? And dont give me the Bible quote, when put in context that has to do with hypocrisy.

Power.. you have a point... for example, there are certain friends I WONT take shooting, wont show them my latest piece either... Yes there are certain people that I, when walking around town, think they are this and they are that. Or if I was selling a piece and a suspicious person came to purchase, i wouldn't sell to. However I think OP means far too many people judge on first impressions... even before someone opens there mouth.

Power.. you have a point... for example, there are certain friends I WONT take shooting, wont show them my latest piece either... Yes there are certain people that I, when walking around town, think they are this and they are that. Or if I was selling a piece and a suspicious person came to purchase, i wouldn't sell to. However I think OP means far too many people judge on first impressions... even before someone opens there mouth.

Then lets bring it full circle...

A firearm can easly and instantly take a life, but we shouldnt judge to quickly? And the firearms community shouldnt be the ones to judge?

true a firearm is not a toy... Dad jumps on me when i tell him " hey check out my new toy" I've gotten out of that mind set. Its a dangerous weapon if used improperly. I just think OP intent was that far to often we judge someone from behind a keyboard, walking down the road, or just hearing comments. However, as most people are, I am apart of many a forums.. from guns to cars and I see too often people jump to conclusions. More time not its misinterpreted, that leads down the wrong road.

There are incidents that can be judged quickly and there are incidents that require more information than we usually get via the news media.
How about an example where we were quick to judge?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top