JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
To all of you who immediately got the "paid propaganda" vibe from the OP - I'm glad I'm not the only one who can see right through these people.

<broken link removed> - go back to your facebook page where you belong:

https://www.facebook.com/EverytownUSA/

-Thirtycal

I wonder if the goal is to influence us or do what the spammers do is get links on forums so they have higher google rankings.

Actually @Mikej you should be able to spot a troll by now when you see one!

Absolutely a possibility! But how do comments like these below help anything?
nutless Obama worshiping peasant

. Good luck or F%%k off, whatever the case maybe.

Not picking on just these two members, just too lazy to go searching and quoting for 30 minutes. Go ahead and blast me, it does bother me, but not as much as seeing a community that I care about stoop to such language on a regular basis. It most certainly does NOT help our cause.

You guys are much nicer than I would be when a Troll makes a post like this, he is clearly and plant and not a good one but that said your not going to change his mind with Facts or verifiable information they have a narative and thats that .:s0052::s0067:

I think it's a shame all members here couldn't respond to this person in an intelligent, respectful fashion, or stay out of it. When some of us look bad it reflects on all of us.

As usual etrain16, well written.

Thanks Mike. I'm under no illusion that this is most likely a troll post. My view on it is that it's an opportunity for me to practice responding to those that will listen and consider the facts. I'm meeting more and more people that are opening up to learn more about guns, and that includes progressives. So long as they are 'playing nice' with me, and actually listening and learning, then I don't mind taking the time to educate them.

I don't know if this is a paid shill or someone with a legitimate question that came here to learn more. If he's been in Chicago long, he probably hasn't had much, if any, positive interaction with the gun community, and he's probably been deeply indoctrinated. Maybe, just maybe, he is a real person who is really interested in learning why he can't understand this issue.

Either way, I don't ever regret posting what I do. I have my feelings about trolls, but I look at them as potential opportunities. That may make me a bit too optimistic for my own good, but it's who I am. Like others here, the anti-gun crowd infuriates me to a huge degree. But I do try to keep that anger in check most days - it does come out once in a while ;)

A background check doesn't add any stress to the process at all,
It doesn't ? Ever buy or sell a gun FTF? Prior to SB 941 I might find a gun online and contact the seller, strike a deal and arrange a meetup. Heck this may have been at the sellers/buyers home, on the side of the road, at a range or even in the woods AND at varying times of the day - pay or receive and hand over or receive the gun. NOW to do this we have to arrange it ALL around the time, location and convenience of a willing FFL. No additional stress? Yea uh huh. An example would be is how would you like to sell a car private party BUT have to meet at the DMV to accomplish the transfer?

Last Edited:
or burden people with insane levels of hassle to get a firearm.
Ever experienced the pleasure of meeting up with a seller or buyer at his or her home, and not only to make the deal but discuss guns, maybe be shown a nice collection and maybe make new friends in the process? And maybe this is on a weekend, possibly in the evening because of your schedule(s)? Well this is largely in part GONE now because SB 941 HAS 'burdened us with insane levels of hassle to get a firearm'.

Ever experienced the pleasure of meeting up with a seller or buyer at his or her home, and not only to make the deal but discuss guns, maybe be shown a nice collection and maybe make new friends in the process? And maybe this is on a weekend, possibly in the evening because of your schedule(s)? Well this is largely in part GONE now because SB 941 HAS 'burdened us with insane levels of hassle to get a firearm'.

I do miss that. Discussions in parking lots too.

I would call troll, doing research on what are the unvarnished opinions of gun supporters.

As soon as an eloquent troll informs me my position or thoughts on anything are "hateful" I tend to ignore anything else it says.

Thanks for playing though.

So, how is the crime rate in gun-free Chicago? Baltimore? NYC? Washington DC?
How about this:
None of what he is doing is legal (he is not the Legislature and can not create law) and none of it will effect crime/shootings.
All this does is make life harder for law-abiding folks. All the gun-control laws make life harder for the law-abiding and does nothing for crime (in fact, in all most every study, gun-control laws are followed by an INCREASE in violent crime). This is shown in Europe, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the US. Even Russia and China have suffered increase violence as they stripped guns from their "subjects."
Laws do not stop crimes.
Note that if they decide that you are dealing in guns excessively, without any number to define excess (and, thus, loony Lynch can define just one gun as excessive), you are trafficking and can be arrested.
Have you studied Justice Depts. "Fast and Furious" program (let's put untraceable guns in the hand of the Mexican cartels so we can "prove" that they are using guns from the US and we NEED more gun control to save lives) and how many lives O has cost?
I fully agree with trying to keep guns out the hands of those who are mentally unstable. The PROBLEM is that the O regime thinks that all veterans are suffering PTSD and are mentally unstable. It also implies that any one on Social Security is mentally unstable until proven otherwise. This can be expanded to any one that the gov't disagrees with is mentally unstable. Call me paranoid, but I dislike undefined terms in legislation.
Please read "1984" for a look at where O is taking us. Listen to how they discuss throwing "Global Warming" doubters, like myself, in jail. Really open your ears and listen to which side is really discussing HATE vs arguing a political point.
It is like "if they are on the No Fly Watch List, they shouldn't be allowed to buy guns. Sounds good, until you realize that folks get on that list with NO vetting--just a rumor or someone doesn't like you or such will get you on the list. It isn't a list of KNOWN problems, just a list of names of people who someone, somewhere is "concerned" about.
Being very nice, who ever told you that government cares in any way about YOU? What does the government actually do well? Can you point out competence in government?

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads