JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You get a piece of paper. No go on 'Gold IRAs' and similar scams.

For instance, Goldman Sachs was caught in such a scam, and successfully sued for undisclosed damages. They not only did not have the physical metals for their IRA/other accounts that they said they did, but they had the balls to CHARGE STORAGE fees for the non-existent metal. Of course an individual would be powerless, this was done by another financial institution; bankster vs bankster.

Really got to hand it to these high-level ponzi folks. Not referring to the Bernie Maddoff types either. These guys make Bernie look like a street bum pushing a cart.

If you don't have the physical metal, you might as well just have invested in air (post economic collapse).

All this, plus a gutted, unaudited Fort Knox, the scam rolls on ....

IF, and it is unlikely, but IF the ponzi scam in regards to metal is exposed, buying silver is like buying Microsoft in 1980. Unfortunately, the banksters need to keep their fiat currency ponzi going so metals must be shorted, certs printed, inventories lied about, on and on.

As with any other IRA, the PHYSICAL gold and/or silver is held until one retires. At that point, you can request lump sum or payments. You can request that the dispersments be made in metal or $s. I expect to take mine in metal. This is NOT paper--Don't EVER buy paper!!! You will loose your butt. My only concern is that the gov't takes it like they did in 1932 and give me a pentince for it.

Last week the MF Global trustee filed a motion to return 80 cents on the dollar to the physical asset class. These customers bought physical gold and silver with serial numbers then paid a storage fee to have them securely stored. All the customer had were warehouse receipts for the assets they already owned free and clear. When the bankruptcy occurred all assets were seized and now the customers wait to see what kind of losses they will have.

Buy ammo cans and seal them with 50 year caulk and spray the exterior with undercoating and hide them well somewhere unexpected. This is true wealth and emergency money, Metal IRAs are a bad joke

Practically speaking, if you were in a bartering situation after a collapse in civilization, it'd make much more sense to give the guy a silver round for that loaf of bread you want instead of a whole gold round.... unless you have a blow torch to cut that gold round into tenths. even then, the guy would probably not accept an ugly fragment of gold.

The only silver that I keep around is the ounce coins which I suspend in pure non mineral water and run a current thru to make my own colloidal silver solution.
Being able to fight my own infections is priceless to me.

Wait until the economic collapse. Those that are happy to have a piece of paper that says you own the metal, good luck with that. The money men seem to spend a large amount of their time sitting around a table thinking up ways to screw the little guy and this paper/ETF BS is just one of those things.

As George Carlin said, "They are coming for your retirement money, and they'll get it too, because they own this f-ing place."

Floor guy - as stated many times - silver/gold is not a replacement for guns/ammo. It is only a replacement for fiat paper money.
The tired 'you can't eat' gold arguments get old and are based on ignorance.

There are literally a thousand practical items to own before silver/gold.

If you have $10,000 in guns and ammo, and $500 in the bank silver is no issue.

If you have $10,000 in guns and ammo, and $150,000 in the bank, IRAs, stocks, real estate, mutuals and all the other Ponzis, silver is a VERY BIG issue. Yes, I threw real estate in there. The real estate market hasn't really crashed yet. If you think homes are underpriced when people can get 4% loans, wait until that rate is 24%. You wont be able to give away a home + sky high property tax grabs.

That's a fact! After the 1st year of a SHTF scenario, the net number of GUNS around will be relatively unchanged, while the net amount of ammunition will be greatly reduced. I forsee ammunition as one of the top 3 bartering items without doubt, and thus a great investment. In a lawless scenario, you will own only what you can defend. Anybody see "The Road", where Viggo's charactor is constantly at extreme odds to defend himself and his son with only TWO bullets remaining in his revolver? Nobody will be able to remain in such a position, and a small handful of ammo will bring a very high trade value.
HOWEVER... some of us may already HAVE a huge stockpile of ammo & all other commodaties, and yet still have excessive amounts of $$$ represented in paper money. I personally don't want to be using my accumulated wealth as toilet paper, and those excess dollars go to silver/gold.

if SHTF POT and Booze will be much more valuable then a chunk of worthless metal. What ya going to do do with that pretty? Sit and rub it? If I had a bucket of Pot and you had a pound of gold unless I saw organized government and a precious metals based economy coming back I wouldn't be \trading any of my Pot for your shiny metal.

+1

I don't understand.

Why would pot be more valuable than metals? In a real SHTF there won't be any electricity to play music, and the stores will have been cleaned out of junk food. Who needs pot in those circumstances? Demand destruction! Ok, I suppose you could lay there under the stars and contemplate UFOs, but sooner or later bubba and his friends will come along and whack you in the head with a bat.

Easy Rider 1969: UFO Discussion - YouTube

Noisycow has said it all:
The essence of responsible investment is diversification - unless you have perfect foresight.

Admittedly stockpiling weapons is a heckuva lot more fun than adding coins to the buried vault, but at some point you have to ask, "What if I still need to pay my property tax even after the Greater Depression has set in?" Pot, booze, and ammo won't cut it - not in my county anyway, maybe it would in Humboldt CA.

Gold is the currency of kings,
Silver is the currency of merchants,
Paper is the currency of slaves.

"Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves."

— Norm Franz

And a fist full of pre 64 dimes is far easier to barter then a gold coin which you would have to devide

I keep dimes, and "junk" silver, although I've seen some good trades happen for a 16th on an oz of gold at a gun show

Oh! And real in hand gold, if the US ever defaults with the Fiat curancy we are running now all that money in the bank is gone look at places like greece when the euro took over, rich were now poor, and then there was a buying rate far lower id rather keep back up barter curancy just in case

Google fiat curency

Last Edited:
I don't understand.

Why would pot be more valuable than metals? In a real SHTF there won't be any electricity to play music, and the stores will have been cleaned out of junk food. Who needs pot in those circumstances? Demand destruction! Ok, I suppose you could lay there under the stars and contemplate UFOs, but sooner or later bubba and his friends will come along and whack you in the head with a bat.

Easy Rider 1969: UFO Discussion - YouTube

Have you ever smoked Pot? and why would music be gone? You don't need electricity to play music. A 9V transistor radio battery will pay music for days. 8) AA batteries will recharge an Ipod. And a guitar takes no electricity. As to Junk food. WHy would you need junk food to enjoy Pot. You could chew on a carrot or eat a grape or an apple or Oatmeal.

And the reason Pot will be valuable is that people will want something that helps them forget how F uped they are. So Booze Pot etc will be in demand.

Noisycow has said it all:
The essence of responsible investment is diversification - unless you have perfect foresight.

Admittedly stockpiling weapons is a heckuva lot more fun than adding coins to the buried vault, but at some point you have to ask, "What if I still need to pay my property tax even after the Greater Depression has set in?" Pot, booze, and ammo won't cut it - not in my county anyway, maybe it would in Humboldt CA.

Gold is the currency of kings,
Silver is the currency of merchants,
Paper is the currency of slaves.
this is the one I wanted but I figured id go with the origional saying

Damn, well said I will remember those three. Plus you never know when a bribe may come in handy.

Silver.jpg

Silver.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top