JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes they might be ok with semi automatic with a little convincing and training. Who knows I mean after all an A.R 15 is a handgun well to me anyway and now I'm more pro 2A but need a little more convincing myself I'm afraid

Back right before Y2K, I ran out and got a Mini 14, the thing shot so bad I finally put a scope on it, so I could shoot out to 100 yards with some measure of accuracy. About 10 years later a guy let me try his AR-15, I was shooting steel at 200' in no time & his AR didn't even have a scope-- Just one reason to get an AR.

Yes they might be ok with semi automatic with a little convincing and training. Who knows I mean after all an A.R 15 is a handgun well to me anyway and now I'm more pro 2A but need a little more convincing myself I'm afraid
If this is wrong I don't want to be right I think the the A.R 15 is badass and sexy. I sometimes feel I am.

You can do just about anything you want a rifle to do with an AR.
Make it a .22 plinker
Use it to hunt
Home defense
Convert it to multiple calibers.
Short stock, long stock, no stock

The question might be ...."why shouldn't you get an AR"?

That's why I've been so active lately.I'm in love with the 2A and A.R. If it were just me but it's not. So one gun at a time or just go for the the A.R. I hope against hope that they we're talking about us getting some kind of a firearm even if they asked me to move in with them so they can be be safe. I still have my old Remington 870. What should I do if they asked. That's what I'm asking myself

I think the AR is one of the best, not the best. I think you should get one for defense, fun day at the range, and because our government doesn't want us/you to have one.

You can also do a quick .22lr conversion (assuming you'll get a .223 etc) and Shoot the AR for less.

This is my AR pistol. I love it and with my CHL, I can carry it in public, in a bag etc.

F9C071E0-3E75-4CA4-985D-1E1C5FA9DA5B.jpeg

I think the AR is one of the best, not the best. I think you should get one for defense, fun day at the range, and because our government doesn't want us/you to have one.

You can also do a quick .22lr conversion (assuming you'll get a .223 etc) and Shoot the AR for less.

This is my AR pistol. I love it and with my CHL, I can carry it in public, in a bag etc.

View attachment 1094103
Very nice AR pistol. I would lose the magazine coupler. I have one that I use at the gun range but it makes it makes the pistol or AR rifle heavy.

It really depends on how you're going to use it. Plinking, hunting, defense....Once you determine that, you can look at what caliber best fits your purpose. Then look at ammo availability as that could be a huge determining factor. I love my 5.56 for plinking and having fun and going for yotes. I really love my 6.8SPC for deer hunting.

And why buy one.....the more appropriate question is why not buy one!

It really depends on how you're going to use it. Plinking, hunting, defense....Once you determine that, you can look at what caliber best fits your purpose. Then look at ammo availability as that could be a huge determining factor. I love my 5.56 for plinking and having fun and going for yotes. I really love my 6.8SPC for deer hunting.

And why buy one.....the more appropriate question is why not buy one!
Where can I get some good training? Right now it would be that Jack of all trades gun.

Where can I get some good training? Right now it would be that Jack of all trades gun.
Check out Firearms Academy of Seattle in Onalaska or Cerberus Group (support your fellow NWFA member and site sponsor!) in Goldendale. Also, I think there's a Black Rifle League that meets at Renton Fish & Game but you're stuck with only 10 rounds at a time. Paul Bunyan near Graham *talks* a good game about "service rifle" but they're mostly thinking Garand/M14 as I understand it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top