JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The new placed I moved into actually has me pay the water bill, before it was always just rolled into the cost of rent. I am on my third water bill, the first 2 I just paid, but this one I actually looked at and noticed that all I am doing is pre-paying for a certain number of water units, and if I am under the amount of units then good, they keep all my money, if I am over, they ask for more money. And there are no "rollover" units for unused water.

This seems like BS to me. I have always tried to conserve water using as little as possible, to be "green" and try to keep my bills down. But why would they expect me to conserve water if I am paying 100% of the bill but only using 25% of what I am paying for!!!

I talked to a buddy of mine and he said bills like this are typical.

Go try to do a good service by going "green" but you don't actually see any savings!!!

It makes me always want to just turn my sink on and let it run for 24 hours just to get what I am paying for!!

I am fortunate to still have it included in the apartments rent.

Though... if I paid for XXXX units of water I would use XXXX units of water. I paid for it, why not use it. Then again I am the person who will drink warm flat soda because "I paid for it"... drives my wife crazy.

Regardless of "lost savings", do what you think is right. Conserving resources is a wise way to live for the sake of the next generation and gives you something to feel good about. Don't let the irritating tricks from the water company get you down. Do what you need to and live your life the way you would want others to. If everyone used 100% of the amount they "paid for" you can bet that the minimum bill would go up.

But isn't the population growing and hence the demand is growing even if the use per person is lower? Also, as the infrastructure gets older, it requires more and costlier maintainance and replacement that will have to be paid for.

Use less..pay more... haha!

I just read an article on google about this.. It was happenig in Cali, the power company put on huge campaigns to get people to lower their energy usage.. Well the people ended up doing exactly that. Then guess what the power company realized they just screwed themselves out of profit and are now losing money. So they up the prices. Now all the people that cut their usage are now paying the same amount for less power..

You just cant win..

I am on my third water bill, the first 2 I just paid, but this one I actually looked at and noticed that all I am doing is pre-paying for a certain number of water units, and if I am under the amount of units then good, they keep all my money, if I am over, they ask for more money. And there are no "rollover" units for unused water.
I don't think mine works that way, but a) I also pay a fixed 'account fee' every month, which is sort of like paying for water I didn't use, and b) my sewer charge is figured on the average winter consumption. (They figure the extra used in the summer is going on the lawn and not down the flusher.)

So, if your bill combines water and sewer, the sewer charge may be based on water consumption, w/o that minimum applied. Leaving the tap running may be cutting off your nose to spite your face...

MrB

I don't think mine works that way, but a) I also pay a fixed 'account fee' every month, which is sort of like paying for water I didn't use, and b) my sewer charge is figured on the average winter consumption. (They figure the extra used in the summer is going on the lawn and not down the flusher.)

So, if your bill combines water and sewer, the sewer charge may be based on water consumption, w/o that minimum applied. Leaving the tap running may be cutting off your nose to spite your face...

MrB

Nope they are both flat rate fees, $40ish for the sewer and $18ish for the water. Add in the taxes and fees and I am looking at an $80 a month water bill :(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top