JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
26 USC 5848 covers the whole "self-incriminating" paperwork stuff. 88 days may be a myth based on the FBI open BG check deletion thing. ATF agent present at SHOT show may not have the right info or knowledge, she isn't a lawyer who has memorized every iota of ATF regulations :rolleyes:

Edit. They did provide "4 routes" to be "legal"..

1. Comply and register with either free tax stamp or pay $200 tax stamp and don't worry 1 bit

2. Put a 16"+ barrel on and swap for real stock

3. Remove or destroy brace, keep firearm otherwise same

4. Turn in firearm or destroy it.

You do whatever you want. There are more than 1 lawsuit relating to this already filed so it'll be interesting to see how things go
Possibly. Although the GOA representative isn't the only one discussing this.

Regardless, let's say for now the 88 day rule is a myth or really isn't going to be an issue.

The real issue is compliance. People continue to give these monkeys power by complying.

To each their own. I dont anticipate changing minds, nor is that my goal. I'll do me and the rest the like. I hold no judgment against anyone.

Possibly. Although the GOA representative isn't the only one discussing this.

Regardless, let's say for now the 88 day rule is a myth or really isn't going to be an issue.

Edit. Again, 26 USC 5848 should cover it even if "disapproved/,denied" as long as person submitting isn't a Prohibited person, and didn't lie on Form-1. A good lawyer would cite it to a Judge and the ATF would lose there.
The real issue is compliance. People continue to give these monkeys power by complying.

yeah. "Law abiding gun owners" to a fault, will comply when they feel its the safest bet. However like I said, with the lawsuits filed and progressing; there's a possible chance of NFA being overturned bit by bit in the next 20 or so years :rolleyes: or replaced with something worse

To each their own. I dont anticipate changing minds, nor is that my goal. I'll do me and the rest the like. I hold no judgment against anyone.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top