JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was under the impression that the reamer on the Lyman case prep multi tool deburrs and also chamfers the inside of case neck. Is that incorrect?

View attachment 1317084
It will both debur and chamfer. Light pressure and a turn or two will debur, heavy pressure and a two or three turns will chamfer the inside of the case neck and make it much much easier to seat a flat base bullet.

A 3-way trim die prevents all of the "extra" steps. They are worth the price if you have very many to do.
INDEED!!! Giraud tri-way trimmer for the win.

1A99E033-641D-4982-B074-62B1B75E7D7B.jpeg

It sure is one of those modern marvels that helps ease the trimming task for caveman's hands.
You see the pair of needle nose pliers? A 223/556 case fits it perfectly so I don't have to grip the shell itself I can just put it in the hole, squeeze a little bit, raise it up into the cutters when the chatter is gone it's trimmed deburred and chamfered.
57D7C3B8-9C52-4A68-BD74-FFA930362035.jpeg F738F01F-452D-4185-941D-D6D42C2C7C7B.jpeg

Last Edited:
It will both debur and chamfer. Light pressure and a turn or two will debur, heavy pressure and a two or three turns will chamfer the inside of the case neck and make it much much easier to seat a flat base bullet.
That's how I've been doing it. Have three battery powered drills set up to trim, deburr and then chamfer. Only limited by how long until my hands hurt too bad.

Now that Giraud trimmer looks like it'll save a ton of time.

IMHO. It would depend.......IF........you're that kind of reloader.

Consistency is the KEY.
So, then......IF you're really a stickler for that concept......you may elect to go that extra distance and ream inside and turn down outside of the necks. Helps with keeping brass consistent (for the release of the bullet).

While you're at it......maybe spin some bullets? LOL.

Anyway.......
Some might say, to just anneal, trim, chamfer, and debur your brass. So then......with every reloading or maybe I'll skip it (since I did it last time)? Whatever. YOU can decide, how much effort you want to put into this.

BTW.....
For "Plinking Ammo" or "Ultra Match" loads?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top