JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"But wait, they register cars, so why not guns?"
I never understood the "logic" behind this.

Them: "They register cars!"

Me: "So?"

Them: "So why can't they register guns?"

Me: "They register sex offenders too... so why can't they register extra large t-shirts?" (or another completely unrelated topic - I've used "mayonnaise" before too..the more outlandish, the better)

Them: "Huh? What does that have to do with anything? That doesn't even make sense... t-shirts and sex offenders aren't related at all!"

Me: "EXACTLY! What does registering cars have to do with guns? They aren't related at all!"

Need more arguments against IP17 and IP18 folks. Am collecting and putting into a form that I can put on a website and on handouts. Your target audience is a casual voter who will be asked to sign a petition limiting YOUR rights of self defense. There are a lot of D voters in the audience who don't know much about guns either way, but usually go along with whatever the D's say. You want to address them too, so they view things more like this guy

One of the arguments supporting the Second Amendment is that an armed American population is a standing army. Gun control activists say that this is absurd, because armed citizens fighting to protect their own land can't possibly withstand a real military.
  • How are things going right now in Ukraine?
  • Didn't the US leave Afghanistan after losing a 20-year fight against goat-herders?
  • America's military overthrew the Iraqi government in a month, losing around 100 troops. Then the insurgency began. America lost over 4400 between the fall of the Iraqi government (April 9 2003) and December 2009.

Last Edited:
Q: "But we have to do SOMETHING about gun violence. This will do SOMETHING instead of ignoring it".

A: Doing something that makes things worse is worse than doing nothing. 15,000 police officers responded to a national survey saying plainly that these laws do not affect crime, but do affect innocent law-abiding citizens.

Colorful language is designed to color your thinking about a subject.

The newsroom call it "gun violence", but the accurate term is "repeat offender violence". They call popular one-pull one-shot rifles "military style assault rifles". Those are popular sporting rifles. They are not military weapons and no soldier uses them. What you see on TV news and entertainment is not what is really out there.

More people are killed each year with baseball bats, knives and beatings than with rifles of any kind. Yet the news about them never uses the words, "bat violence", "knife violence" or "beating violence". The journalism style guides and editors use the phrase "gun violence" and the writers comply.

They do the same thing with "mass shootings". If several gangsters are in a fight over drugs and turf, the phrase "mass shooting" makes you think of a crazy person shooting up a school. It's criminals fighting with each other, using weapons that are already illegal for felons to possess. But those laws did not stop them from having and using those guns. They would, however, stop you from being in a position to defend yourself from attack.

You drive a car. Are you responsible for the "car murders" caused by drunk drivers?
You own kitchen knives. More people are murdered by knives than so-called "assault rifles". Should you be required to register your knives, so that after more "knife violence", you can be required to turn them in?

If you choose in the future to own a gun of any kind, you are still not responsible for the crimes caused by people who don't care about murder laws and will never be restricted by gun laws.

Last Edited:
One of the arguments supporting the Second Amendment is that an armed American population is a standing army. Gun control activists say that this is absurd, because armed citizens fighting to protect their own land can't possibly withstand a real military.
  • How are things going right now in Ukraine?
  • Didn't the US leave Afghanistan after losing a 20-year fight against goat-herders?
  • America's military overthrew the Iraqi government in a month, losing around 100 troops. Then the insurgency began. America lost over 4400 between the fall of the Iraqi government (April 9 2003) and December 2009.
Bringing it a little closer to home.
  • How are things right now in America?
  • Didn't Californians leave their state in record numbers after losing their fight against crime due to open borders and soft-on-crime politicians?
  • BLM, Antifa, and progressive leftism have overthrown the government in less than a year. Downtown cities look like war zones. Major crimes are not prosecuted.
  • Do you feel safe yet?
  • Do you want to trust these politicians, who let this happen in the US, with your safety?

The people in power who promote more useless gun control measures like to show off their virtue by crowing about "equity". They are safe doing so in their nice cozy gated communities. But the people most hurt by gun control laws are the urban poor who are not on an equal footing with gangsters and muggers who don't obey gun laws or laws against violence. The best the police can do are hope a witness says something to go in a report. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Last Edited:
I just tell people that if they hate black people there is no better way to advertise it in Oregon than by giving 17 and 18 life. When they look shocked, I give them the registration example and tell them they can choose to be an ally or continue to prove that black lives don't matter to them.

If I see a couple people working, maybe with flyers in hand or a sign on a table, I'm probably somewhat inclined to pause and see what's being pimped. "Recall Kate Brown?" Yeah, I'll play along.

But some homely, hairy chick patrolling the Food Coop parking lot and asking about my voter status, with no explanation as to why, will be politely dismissed (actually, much more nicely than what I jokingly described above). And here's an idea... Maybe tell me what you're trying to accomplish first. Just a thought.

If I indicate that I'm not interested, then buzz off and go pester somebody else. I don't need some smart mouth attitude... "Oh, so you don't care if all the spotted owls are killed?"

Start up with the mouth like that and you're going to get an abruptly concise piece of my mind.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top