JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I like the whole idea of somebody not knowing what weapons I have purchased. I also understand the something is worth what somebody will pay. However, why are we enabling these scalpers of ammo and handguns? I see G19's listed all day at or above retail for nothing done to them and people are actually buying them....I am at a loss for words.
Just a thought, flame away it doesn't matter....just wish people would stop encouraging these scalpers.

They may not be being bought at the full asking price.

The only time I will do that is if it is a very reasonable deal to a straight screaming deal.

I also factor in the FFL fee and taxes I'll have to pay for a new gun from a store into the value of a used gun.

AMMO on the other hand is crazy but is getting better. With the end of summer we are seeing the summer shooters not buying up every last box of ammo they can find, so now that there is some of it at retail prices on the shelves I am seeing the people with "extra" .22's having to start selling it for what they paid and not what they can get.

I think we will see prices on ammo keep falling for the next 6 months or so until the nice weather reappears.

Yeah, My first thought is 90% of those handguns are not selling at those prices. You got to understand there is a wide range of "new" prices as well. I have been looking at M&P Shields and the same models can range from $390-$650 depending on what sights, options and package you get. The exact same gun can vary $150 between retailers

Also people put higher numbers on things they are open to trades on. They do that because most people feel better trading at high numbers even if they are meaningless. Say a guy has a Glock 22 for sale for $550 and he says he wants to trade towards a AR15 and a guy comes up with a basic AR and tells the guy he wants $750. So $200 + the glock for the AR is really more like $400 for the G22 and $600 for the AR but both people feel better because in their mind they got top dollar for there stuff.

As far as Ammo goes its about scarcity. It was not all that long ago that 5.56 would cost you .90/rd but now its a third of that. .22 will be the same way at some point. There is more .22 ammo in the hands of Americans today there there ever has been, The problem is everyone is still buying even though most folks have massive stockpiles compared to before (Even if a guy just had a few bricks that before only kept a few boxes at home, that constitutes millions of more rounds in private hands across the country and that same guy will jump to buy more any time he sees it on the shelf just because he knows everyone is hungry to buy too, even if he has no intention of shooting whats he's got anytime soon)

I also like the idea of no one knowing what guns I have. I will buy private almost always vs new to avoid the paper trail of store records, b/g checks etc. That being said, I won't pay more than I could get it new, but I will pay close to the new price. Its not like firearms wear out in a commercial setting, people generally shoot like 300 rounds a year, but I hardly see ads that state more than 150 rounds down the pipe.:rolleyes: It also has to be in very good condition for me to pay top dollar.

I will pay NIB MSRP for something in NIB shape if MSRP is reasonable and the going retail price. I too prefer to buy private, but unless it is something I really want/need I won't pay more than MSRP, and probably not more than the going non-discounted retail price.

OTOH, if I have something that I think is a little hard to find used - like my Armalite AR50 - I don't mind charging close to MSRP for a used rifle - especially since that is what I paid for it. Right now I have it discounted 10% below MSRP - $300, and there are not that many of them out there - maybe 2 online here, and because they have scopes and stuff, the total price is a lot more.

IMO, a rifle in .50 BMG is just a little lower than something like an AR or AK on the list of firearms that gun control people would like to see registered and controlled - you will notice that you can't get .50 BMG rifles in California now.

It just depends on the item.

I won't pay scalpers prices for ammo - especially when I see that same ammo online for 50% less.

And when someone wants to charge as much or more than MSRP for a standard handgun, like a Glock that is obviously used with little or no extras, I just ignore the ad.

Some people don't want "the man" to know whats they gots. I think most of my guns I bought new.. essentially decades ago. I don't really care. It's a free country and it is what it is.

If it is still being produced then I wont - however if you want something that is out of production your at the mercy of the market.

Whoa! How do you know I have a Glock 19? Are you in the van with the tinted windows parked down my street? I saw you when I peeked through my blinds, and again when I climbed the tree in my back yard. :s0001:

The idea of "them" not knowing what guns you have is ludicrous. "They" will take them all anyway. When "they" show up "they" won't ask for only the guns they know about, they will do a top to bottom, inside and out search and confiscate them all. Of course any hidden or illegal might bring extra unwanted attention....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top