JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BAH! You got me. I just thought it was amusing I was not alone in pondering the question "Well he said he would put them on blast on here...YET??"
Guess I was trying to be polite. Should have known that would get me in more trouble here than just calling it out!

I named the store in my original post. the name of the store though is less important though because I did not follow up with the owner AND this thread is not about stores that had cruddy service. Its about do you and why do you support smaller gun shops. Trust and believe that if I had followed up with the owner and he had not taken care of me I WOULD absolutely be blasting them all over the forums.

I named the store in my original post. the name of the store though is less important though because I did not follow up with the owner AND this thread is not about stores that had cruddy service. Its about do you and why do you support smaller gun shops. Trust and believe that if I had followed up with the owner and he had not taken care of me I WOULD absolutely be blasting them all over the forums.
:confused:o_O:rolleyes:

Greetings Sportsfans,

It has recently come once again to my attention why (against all advice to the contrary) why I would consistently and constantly throw my monetary assistance toward a small, but well-established gun store.

I will say in predicate that I certainly shop around. My dollars are not doled out in willy-nilly fashion. But I will also advise to the "up and coming"readers here with newfound direction in gun interest, that a firm relationship with a firm and solid gunstore of durable reputation may well reap rewards far and beyond the first few purchases.

Here is how it might happen: My local rural gunstore guy 5 days ago phoned me to tell me he got a group of nice guns in from an estate. To make a very long story short, I advised him I would be there in 25 minutes.

I found one I wanted. He put it away for me for NO money up front. I finally paid him today. Fat-barrel 700 BDL Remington in .223, Circa 1981 unfired. Yep, podunk off-the-beaten-path Gunstore. Yep, got it 25% or more off going rate. A modern collectable. There will be no more. Doubt me? Check the going rate on these good fat-barreled Remingtons

I am a pig in things that pigs lay around in. Compliments to the editors, but it is not bubblegum.

Bottom line: Find a good small gunshop, patronize regularly, (even if its just solvent and patches), and find yourself on the "list" when good stuff comes in. You might pay more on the little crap, but where the rubber hits the road, you will come out shining.

No charge for this advice. Drive Safely.
I have the same situation here, dealing only with one local gun shop/hardware for transfers . Occasionally I'll find something at Century or SOG that requires an FFL and have him bring it in for me. Sometimes the used gun case has an interesting find ( latest was a Star Firestar Plus in VG-Exc condition, ticketed $199 , I bought it for $150 ) . Loyalty works both ways, so if you find a dealer with integrity , stick with them. :)

DSCN2674_zpse8lpovej.jpg

Last Edited:
I'd support my local gun store if it wasn't for the fact that they overcharge by too much. I saw an AR there for almost 2 grand, no attachments or anything. The same exact AR was a few dollars short of $1,200 at a pawn shop down the street. Don't even ask about the ammo prices there, pawn shop beats them there too. As for knowledge on firearms, the pawn shop is about the same only a little better. They're also willing to learn anything new from people with more experience with certain guns.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top