JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Only if done enough that the ATF considers it a business. And they don't really care.
It's illegal. It's still a straw purchase if you buy it intending to sell it or make a profit. Look it up. They do care. That's why it's a felony if you don't have a Federal firearms licence. #FFL. At the very least don't put it in writing. You have convicted yourself. You sir are absolutely wrong and giving bad advice. Have any of you read your gun rights or laws. Ignorance is not an excuse of the law. Better brush up.

I don't wish to be rude. I hope you are all able to keep your guns and rights. We all need to come together and help each other out with so much misinformation on the internet. We should be protecting not just our families but our fellow man whether it be with firearms or knowledge. No hard feeling. Nothing but love for my people and my country. One nation under God with liberty and justice for all.

It's illegal. It's still a straw purchase if you buy it intending to sell it or make a profit. Look it up. They do care. That's why it's a felony if you don't have a Federal firearms licence. #FFL. At the very least don't put it in writing. You have convicted yourself. You sir are absolutely wrong and giving bad advice. Have any of you read your gun rights or laws. Ignorance is not an excuse of the law. Better brush up.
A straw purchase is buying to sell or give to someone who can't legally buy a gun. If you buy it and happen to make a profit later the ATF doesn't care. 4-5 guns in a day is one thing, in a month or two they'd have too much other stuff to even care about it.

If its done enough for the ATF to consider it a business it becomes a felony, otherwise only state laws apply.

A straw purchase is buying to sell or give to someone who can't legally buy a gun. If you buy it and happen to make a profit later the ATF doesn't care. 4-5 guns in a day is one thing, in a month or two they'd have too much other stuff to even care about it.
If you buy it to make a profit don't put it in writing at the very least. What do you think they care about as you obviously have extensive knowledge and intsances to back it up. That's what they do. They enforce firearm laws. Worried about it or not. It's illegal. Nobody said you can't sell a gun or make a profit. Go about it legally. Stop passing bad info. Not getting caught don't make it legal. I tried to be nice about this. Now you're just looking like a bad person and a criminal trying to get away with something. Don't take anyone else down with your ignorance and disregard for the laws of our country.

Ok :confused: x2.

All laws were followed.

If you buy it to make a profit don't put it in writing at the very least. What do you think they care about as you obviously have extensive knowledge and intsances to back it up. That's what they do. They enforce firearm laws. Worried about it or not. It's illegal. Nobody said you can't sell a gun or make a profit. Go about it legally. Stop passing bad info. Not getting caught don't make it legal. I tried to be nice about this. Now you're just looking like a bad person and a criminal trying to get away with something. Don't take anyone else down with your ignorance and disregard for the laws of our country.
He's not doing it as a business. Why a person does a private sale the ATF doesn't care as long as its not a straw purchase. When it becomes enough for it to be an actual business is when they care. Literally all they care about as far as private sales go, outside of straw purchases.

Ok :confused: X3.

Must be so many criminals floating around there then.

Ok :confused: x2.

All laws were followed.
Sorry
He's not doing it as a business. Why a person does a private sale the ATF doesn't care as long as its not a straw purchase. When it becomes enough for it to be an actual business is when they care. Literally all they care about as far as private sales go, outside of straw purchases.
That's just not true . All I'm saying to the rest of you is be careful. To the clown I say it affects all of us when you say that stupid bubblegum. I don't need to defend the law. I don't even agree with it, but your type are the reason they keep trying to take our rights away. There are no state firearms licences. Only federal. Federal jurisdiction applies. I'm done.

Sorry

That's just not true . All I'm saying to the rest of you is be careful. To the clown I say it affects all of us when you say that stupid bubblegum. I don't need to defend the law. I don't even agree with it, but your type are the reason they keep trying to take our rights away. There are no state firearms licences. Only federal. Federal jurisdiction applies. I'm done.
Except its the states that have laws regarding private sales. Federal law on private sales is regarding straw purchases and nothing else. If a person isn't doing it as a business the only thing involved is state law. Unless he's doing it enough that they consider it a business the ATF isn't getting involved.

If I had the extra cash when they auctioned off George Zimmermans Kel tec PF9 i would of bought it as an investment and would of never shot it.
Charlie already stepped in and cleared that mess up. Sorry to everyone for the rant. I know better than to argue with the public . I work in a gun shop. I agree with you on the kel-tec. That's one just for the collection. Again, my apologies.

Charlie already stepped in and cleared that mess up. Sorry to everyone for the rant. I know better than to argue with the public . I work in a gun shop. I agree with you on the kel-tec. That's one just for the collection. Again, my apologies.
No worries, sounds like a miscommunication is all. We all have that happen from time to time.

Ok so obviously you guys are going to agree to disagree back to the subject of the thread please.

Sorry, but there shouldn't be confusion on this. If you buy guns for the express purpose of turning a profit, you are by definition doing it for business and need a FFL. There is no magic number that is the threshold.

I remember the Obama administration directing the ATF to crack down on this a few years back. Never heard of any cases of small timers getting jammed up, but I agree that putting it on the web forever may not be prudent.

You can buy a gun, and change your mind five minutes later, and sell it though.

https://www.atf.gov/file/100871/download

A lot of felons selling KelTec CP33s on Gunbroker right now.

Or all those felons that bought 1911s from CMP to flip them on Gunbroker.

:eek:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top