JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I bought I new handgun. Wasn't intending to, but didn't own a 1911 and for less money the SIGs blew the Kimbers out of the water! Different discussion...
So even with a CPL I got delayed, guess there is a few gun sales now huh ;-)
Cellphone rings, come and get it.
Stoked goes. Jumps on the range. Tired, is after work pretty late. Do all the stuff to test a new, straight out if the box gun (didn't even break it down, no (personal) lubing, nothing. It's a SIG right.) And fire two boxes, 100 rounds thru it. No issues, it's a SIG.

But why i'm ranting is...
Why is it so many people buy guns and don't shoot them!?!
I've seen so many adds like: Thisandthat brand gun. Bought new 11 rounds shot... Or I got this brand new in -92, never fired...
I could not wait to shot my thousand buck gun!

?

Why is it so many people buy guns and don't shoot them!?!

Good question. The only gun I have that I don't shoot very often (rarely in fact) is my Winchester '94 (made in 1902). First, it's not the most comfortable thing to shoot beyond a handful of rounds but with a 100+ year old gun that is a family heirloom I don't necessarily want to shoot the daylights out of it.

I have an acquaintance who has some nice guns in his collection (AR's, tactical type shotguns, various handguns). None are collector types but he treats them like they are. The only thing he shoots alot of is a .22. Good on him that he has them but for me I can't wrap my mind around having a non-collector gun and not shooting it. The bottom line question to me is what's the point?

I know! I have a couple of Kimber of Oregon rifles that are very collectable, and since I custom built them when I worked for Kimber they have become family heirlooms (at least that is my sons theory). They are beautiful, works of art, incredibly accurate too! Every time I open the safe I think, boy what could I be shooting if I sold these! Thank goodness I have plenty of stuff to shoot. Still........oh heck!

I feel the same way. Shoot them all! For me the only way to truly appreciate any gun is to shoot it. Jay Leno feels the same way about cars and drives everything he owns and he owns a LOT of very expensive and old cars.

Now I'm a traditional Sig guy and a Kimber 1911 guy. I must hear how the Sig 1911 blew the Kimber 1911 out of the water.

Now I'm a traditional Sig guy and a Kimber 1911 guy. I must hear how the Sig 1911 blew the Kimber 1911 out of the water.
Handling them side by side in the store it was very evident that the SIG was better made, solid feeling and better on 'options'. Machined front and back on the grip and a metal main spring housing.
So for hundreds less and with (what I've heard and read) Kimbers subpar customer service and short/lame warranty, it was an easy chose.

The day I heard Winchester stopped making 94's, I ran out an bought one. I did shoot it once, just to make sure it works but it just hangs out in the safe. I have a couple hundred rounds and dies for it so some day I'll take a fancy to shooting it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top