JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
KD: When you say "not enforce," do you mean that you won't go out looking for people who don't comply with the new law? Or do you mean that if you were investigating a person crime, or a violent crime that's already been committed, would you ignore the law in your investigation?

DD: No, I don't think that's the case. If you're talking about investigating some type of a gun crime, where you have a person to person crime or potentially a property crime, if it comes across our desk we'll look at it. However, in the totally (sic) of the investigation it is very low on a priority list as to whether a person went through some type of a background check.

So here is what I have been talking about; cops don't care about the background check, they care about pinning an actual crime on the person who used the gun to commit a crime.

The sheriff is telling everyone right there that he is much more interested in catching actual bad guys instead of running around knocking on doors trying to find out who sold a gun to who sometime after August 2015.

This is equivalent of a person running someone over with their car and then the police being worried about whether or not the license tags are current.

I know to many its probably disconcerting in the now light of SB941. But having been involved in LE, years ago the small issues get little or no priority. Say a person commits a murder with a stolen gun, in most cases they could care less if it was stolen and only care if it relates to the big crime. Last year after they passed the laws on Cannabis, our local Sheriff began Jan 1st closing down the investigation area of the dept. And only cared if it was related to a serious crime and meant something say like a guy with 5 pounds of weed and 8oz of Cocaine might matter. Glad to see police stepping up around here they do not see SB941 as legal so they wont investigate.

It's all talk but just wait until the state withholds money from counties who won't endorse this.

On the other hand, you are delusional if you think LE won't enforce this. Again they are all talk until they run the risk of losing their job or put their families stability at risk.

I know more OSP who are staunch conservatives but vote democrat because they know any republican will cut their pension.

Sounds like something I wouldn't risk prison time over.

Yep, they know better than to bite the hand of their leash holders.

And the prohibiting of consensual activities by grown adults is and always has been a perfect way to fuel the TAX PAYER GRAVY TRAIN off of which all who work within the LE/(privatized)Corrections/Judicial INDUSTRY feed.

Whoever said that "crime doesn't pay" didn't work for the system.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top