JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ginny Burdick will really get her panties in a knot over his comments. Waste of time and taxpayer's money. The bad guys will still have their stolen guns. She and Floyd are really sucking down the Bloomberg Kool-Aid

Although it's great that these Sheriffs say they won't enforce this Law, it worries me.

It worries me that many lifelong Democrat aka Progressive voting gun owners will see SB941 and any future anti-gun Laws the Dems come up with as not effecting them since no one will enforce. No reason not to keep voting Dem. No reason not to keep voting for a Prozanzki, a Burdick,...... a Kate Brown!:mad:

All these Sheriffs are really saying is they won't go out of their way, they never say never!
Ignore this law and leave a paper trail back to you with a gun that becomes part of a larger investigation and........

KD: When you say "not enforce," do you mean that you won't go out looking for people who don't comply with the new law? Or do you mean that if you were investigating a person crime, or a violent crime that's already been committed, would you ignore the law in your investigation?

DD: No, I don't think that's the case. If you're talking about investigating some type of a gun crime, where you have a person to person crime or potentially a property crime, if it comes across our desk we'll look at it. However, in the totally of the investigation it is very low on a priority list as to whether a person went through some type of a background check.

Again it's really nice these Sheriffs have stood up to the first really successful wave of California style gun restrictions in Oregon but to those that keep Voting in these anti-RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS clowns.......

you are not as immune to SB941 as you think!

And if you think Registration, mag limits, handgun permits, an AWB and more is not on the Progressives wish list then you have not been paying attention.

People "picking and choosing" which laws matter, and which laws do not, is a dangerous president; it places the moral-standing of the government even-further into question, and the citizenry further into jeopardy.

I don't think sb941 is constitutional either, but the staus quo will probably prevail because the issue may never reach a boiling-point with the LEO'S appeasing the citizenry.

Buying long guns out of state seems more and more attractive for privacy reasons...

Addendum: if the the LEOs aren't going to enforce a law, they need to find a legal way or methodology other than going rouge.

Last Edited:
Did anyone see the new commercial that just premiered?? (at least it did in the Portland market) Damn thing pisses me off. They enlisted the traitorous former police chief of Portland (big frickin' surprise) to educate us on the newly enacted SB 941.

Funny, I don't remember any commercials for all the other damn laws passed this year. I guess when you've got Bloomberg money, you can do that. No doubt their hope is to enlist the brownshirts....er, citizens, to keep an eye out for such illegal activity, and turn them in to the supreme leaders.

I'm so tired of their lies and BS.

Loophole closed?, he needs to keep his big trap closed. :mad:

Bottom line is if I ignore the law and do a private sale to someone and they use the gun in a crime, I am toast under this law and you better believe they would nail me for it. I have too much to lose, and will not do any private sale without the required background check. YMMV.

You guys may not have thought about it but alot of law enforcement likes to buy, sell and trade too. I am sure they don't like the paperwork that ties them to their guns:D.

Notice that Sheriff Daniels did NOT bloviate about the 'founding fathers' or call anybody names. He just made a common-sense argument about the stupidity of this law.

It's all talk but just wait until the state withholds money from counties who won't endorse this.

On the other hand, you are delusional if you think LE won't enforce this. Again they are all talk until they run the risk of losing their job or put their families stability at risk.

I know more OSP who are staunch conservatives but vote democrat because they know any republican will cut their pension.

Sounds like something I wouldn't risk prison time over.

I know more OSP who are staunch conservatives but vote democrat because they know any republican will cut their pension.
That's why I hate Public Employee Unions - the taxpayer has no seat at the negotiating table, yet gets screwed with the bill. It's not collective bargaining like it is with private companies, it's collective theft! from the taxpaying citizens.
And apparently many will sell their soul (gun rights, etc) by voting leftanista to keep the thievery growing.
Makes me seethe with anger it's like blood comes out my eyes and ears. Seriously.

This is also why I don't trust most police or military to honor their oath to the Constitution and to their fellow citizens if the government were to pull some whacko takeover. Because they'd be too afraid to lose that pension and their other government bennies rather than stand up for Liberty of the US. IMO
However, I do appreciate their current service under our 'normal' conditions.

Last Edited:
Bottom line is if I ignore the law and do a private sale to someone and they use the gun in a crime, I am toast under this law and you better believe they would nail me for it. I have too much to lose, and will not do any private sale without the required background check. YMMV.

I believe, if you do the background check and the guy / gal uses it in a crime, you are still toast.

That was in the bill when it was being discussed but I don't know if it made it in the passed product.

Jack

Yep that paperwork is a noose around your neck, that's why so many guys bit ched about it. Now you have no choice, it's the law to noose your own neck... Thank the Democrats for sb941.o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top