JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My background is in LEO use of force policy and law. I am unaware of any such legal immunity for LEOs. Please share references to statutory or case law that grants LEOs immunity from prosecution or civil liability for the negligent or reckless discharge of a firearm. It wasn't hard to find this 2016 case of an NYC cop successfully prosecuted for "the negligent discharge death of a innocent citizen". The CA cop mentioned in the same article was also successfully prosecuted.

I am not as well-versed in the law regarding non-LEO use of force but my understanding is that if you acted reasonably during a lawful self-defense situation you would not ordinarily be charged with and/or convicted of reckless or negligent discharge. Of course, it you have evidence to the contrary then please share it. Thanks.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
NOT EVEN THE SAME!!
Badge lickers always do this!
Not. The. Same!
Not the same as "cop DELIBERATELY, INTENTIONALY pulls the trigger over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over to shoot THAT "bad guy" right there!
A cop will not be sanctioned when one of those bullets hits any one else.
Period.
Grrrrrr just stoppit!

Joe

13e.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class