JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone! I just got here and read some threads on 1911s and a CZ. Why no Glock threads?

I have a G19 and it is my everywhere gun. It hits what I aim at, is durable and reliable with anything that fits in the mag.

Now for a pic. Being in the Pac northwest, we get rain alot. Never stops me from shooting though......

<broken link removed>

I feel the same was about my G19, I absolutely love it. It goes everywhere with me in a Milt Sparks VM2. I plan on purchasing many more Glocks in the future. With them I hit what I aim for, they always go bang, the Tennifer is extremely durable, they're affordable, and I think they're good looking.

Too much hype? They are a very successful design. Yes there are those that either love or hate them but they are a solid pistol and shoot very well. I have been shooting competitively for 13 years now and I have more or less abandoned the 1911 and have gone fully to the dark side in favor of the glock. For me they shoot more accurately and my shot times are faster. This was a shock given the fact that most of my small arms training focused around the 1911 in the military.

I don't really pay attention to the hype or fan boys or anything else...I just like things that work. GLOCKs work.....exceedingly well. I've had, at various times, a 17, 19, 20, 23, and 26....currently have the G20 (my favorite).

Two years ago I started researching handguns in preparation for buying my first privately owned firearm. It wasn't easy. Name any model/manufacturer and you're going to find an abundance of misinformation about it that some people insist on clinging to. I didn't want to make my choice (in favor of, or against) based on either popularity or myth.

I ended up with a Glock because:
1. I shoot best with it
2. Proven reliability
3. Ease of maintenance
4. I shoot best with it
5. Safety is keeping your finger off the trigger until you are prepared to engage your target (something people should be doing anyway)
6. I shoot best with it

Considering the number of Glocks in use (just in the USA) malfunctions are extremely low by comparison.

There are many debates about what to carry for self-defense and they all end the same way: Shot Placement is Key. So why not carry what I shoot best with?

Yeah that's why I bought my Sigs and 1911. I tried to resist, but in the end I succumbed to the dark side :(

Here's where I stand. I own 2 xd's, have had 4 glocks, and 4 1911's. I am a fan of ALL of them. They are tools, you can't use a hammer to turn a screw.

I hate to say it, but the guys that feel very strongly about Glocks sometimes come off very abrasive from the conversations I see. Fact is, my Glock has jammed on me just as often.

I will catch a lot of flak for shooting an XD and sometimes get into a debate with a Glock fanboy on it, not realizing I am equally, if not more vested in the Glock line up than they are.

I hate hearing "reviews" of a gun from someone that has only merely "fondled" one from a gun store, or stories that start off as " well my buddy works for a gun store" or " the guy at the counter at a gun store told me yada yada yada " or " my friend is a cop" (I respect cops, but getting gun advice from one is like getting car advise from a used car salesman, hit or miss) and my all time favorite " well, my friends gun...".

Tell me that you own one, have shot several "thousands" of rounds, not "hundreds" then your opinion to me will hold more weight. I have, and that's how I base "my" opinions.

Fact is, I am a fan of the Glock as well, but I sometimes get embarassed of my company. I shoot and enjoy all guns, I am a "gun" enthusiest, not brand loyal. Until they put me on their payroll, I am still paying "them" to shoot "their" pistol. Sorry if I come off so passionate about this subject, this is a big pet peeve of mine.

Don't apologize for coming off as passionate; your perspective is correct and I share your pet peeve.

Passing up something simply because it's popular is just as stupid as clamoring for it over the same reason. I know that some people assume I chose a Glock because "everybody else has one". I have enough backbone to not care.

Here's where I stand. I own 2 xd's, have had 4 glocks, and 4 1911's. I am a fan of ALL of them. They are tools, you can't use a hammer to turn a screw.

I hate to say it, but the guys that feel very strongly about Glocks sometimes come off very abrasive from the conversations I see. Fact is, my Glock has jammed on me just as often.

I will catch a lot of flak for shooting an XD and sometimes get into a debate with a Glock fanboy on it, not realizing I am equally, if not more vested in the Glock line up than they are.

I hate hearing "reviews" of a gun from someone that has only merely "fondled" one from a gun store, or stories that start off as " well my buddy works for a gun store" or " the guy at the counter at a gun store told me yada yada yada " or " my friend is a cop" (I respect cops, but getting gun advice from one is like getting car advise from a used car salesman, hit or miss) and my all time favorite " well, my friends gun...".

Tell me that you own one, have shot several "thousands" of rounds, not "hundreds" then your opinion to me will hold more weight. I have, and that's how I base "my" opinions.

Fact is, I am a fan of the Glock as well, but I sometimes get embarassed of my company. I shoot and enjoy all guns, I am a "gun" enthusiest, not brand loyal. Until they put me on their payroll, I am still paying "them" to shoot "their" pistol. Sorry if I come off so passionate about this subject, this is a big pet peeve of mine.

Excellent post. I get annoyed when fanboys rave about anything, be it Glocks, sportbikes, rotary engines, etc. :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top